When did you last clean your windows?

eyecatcher

2 minutes ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

They're a great idea, Crossy. Any idea where to buy them?

Ours were supplied by the window contractor (windows are custom made teak), but taking that photo to any of the bigger hardware places should get you a choice of size and price.

My rental on 6th floor - each pane 80 x 90 cm.  Very heavy windows, no way to reach around.  Have to completely remove windows from sliding tracks but too heavy for me.  Wonder if there are services available as the handyman around here not too reliable, may have the windows on the driveway underneath in 10,000 pieces by the time he finishes.

For those inaccessible places like tower blocks or even conservatory roofs you can of course get self cleaning glass.

its mega expensive and despite assurances by the manufacturer that it works, I don't think there were many takers.

I clean mine the good old fashioned way with some screwed up newspaper lightly dampened.

no drips, no rawks, its foolproof and a top quality finish.

the paper does however get shredded during the process.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, Dante99 said:

One of the great benefits of not getting new eye glasses.

And that reminds me of the time I replaced the kitchen window glass, not once but twice.

In the end I realised that my glasses had a crack in them.

6 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Our house, like many homes,  has metal grilles fitted outside (for security reasons), which are firmly screwed to the walls

Blimey!!!  where do you live?

I often leave the keys in the car, the front  door  open all night and a "welcome one and all" sign on the front gate.......ok I  lied about the sign

17 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Windows! I am just starting to contemplate whether or not to wait another month to wash my bed sheets.????

Just wait until theyve  stuck to you......then have that monthly  shower as  well????

12 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

A new low in the bored expat saga....cleaning windows...

Whos bored?.....anyone else bored so much they get a lift by cleaning windows?

I dont ever have time to be bored, I just write threads for the hell of it.

This thread is getting me motivated.  Haven't thought about cleaning the windows for months.

In the U.S. we cleaned windows twice a year, but we  removed screens and installed "storm windows" in the fall and took them down in the spring and installed the screens, so we could open our regular windows.  Was a good time to clean 'em while we had out the ladder and Hubby worked up his courage to climb the ladder to the second floor with the heavy storm windows, while I was on the ground, holding the ladder steady and keeping track of the inventory of cleaning supplies, storm windows and screens. 

He also cleaned the gutters at the same time and I swear he deliberately threw the masses of nearly frozen leaves on me and not on the tarp I'd spread on the ground to collect the muck. 

By comparison life is much, much easier here! 

45 minutes ago, jabis said:

They'd prolly rot if I kept hosing them lol.

windwhat.jpg

PS. could dust'em sometime this ongoing year tho lol...

Surely the prison staff will take care of the windows.

Nice of you to post....Bangkok Hilton?

Of course, the obvious reason, not to clean, is to develop an ecosystem either side of the glass to develop. Encourage those little spiders to do their stuff and sort out the mozzies.

30 minutes ago, puukao said:

clean them just enough for my binoculars.  The neighbor is very attractive.  so hot that i ended up painting the windows black, except for my stalking station. 

It's just not a good thing to clean windows up here in Isaan. It can lead to all sorts of problems.

One being, of course, that we can be accused of looking out of them at any bits of fluff that happen to be passing. And another reason is the opposite. Thais, with their G4 mobile phones, sneaking up to the bedroom window and filming that special sex technique that we could be engaged in. All over facebook. Military visiting. Villagers gathering. News on TVForum. No, not for me.

But of course, the most basic reason is that I just can't be bothered.

On 1/4/2019 at 7:00 PM, eyecatcher said:

Surely the prison staff will take care of the windows.

Nice of you to post....Bangkok Hilton?

Had some uninvited guests rummaging around while taking the dog to vet's, so in aftermath missus wanted to make us feel like prisoners, or was it secure - can't remember x)

Archived