Extension of Stay - how far in advance?

Many - including most main - offices will do it up to 45 days early. Some will limit you to 30 days. Exceptions have been known if the applicant has a good reason to apply over 30 days ahead, or the office isn't busy.

Which office are you applying at?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

hoping for 3 days May 4-6

Those are Saturday, Sunday and Monday and are the dates for the King's coronation but no mention of the 6th being a holiday yet.

These are the current holidays in May.

1 May (Wednesday) Labor Day
9 May (Thursday) Royal Plowing Ceremony (Government Holiday Only Banks Open)
18 May (Saturday) Visakha Bucha Day *
20 May (Monday) Substitute For Visakha Bucha Day

11 hours ago, elviajero said:

Many - including most main - offices will do it up to 45 days early. Some will limit you to 30 days. Exceptions have been known if the applicant has a good reason to apply over 30 days ahead, or the office isn't busy.

Which office are you applying at?

My expiry date is February 4, did the "Thai wife" paperwork on Thursday 27, last week, in Buriram. Great office..

Chon Buri (Jomtien)say they will give only 30 days but if you have a reason like a flight /journey booked they then say come back on 34 days (xmass eve) 

as we do not allow more than 30 days ….yes very confusing for your normal none agent punter...they then give you back your complete paperwork including the now useless bank letter and statement....because you are on 40 days .

it appears that some people are trying to boost the agents work load, by

making things a bit more complicated than they used to be. 

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Ooops maybe not. The Coronation has been announced to be on May 4-6th

But they are not holidays yet and the 4th and 5th are the weekend so only the 6th may be a holiday if it is announced by the cabinet.

I think eventually the 5th will be a holiday again for coronation day like it was before 2017.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:39 AM, zoza said:

Chon Buri (Jomtien)say they will give only 30 days but if you have a reason like a flight /journey booked they then say come back on 34 days (xmass eve) 

as we do not allow more than 30 days ….yes very confusing for your normal none agent punter...they then give you back your complete paperwork including the now useless bank letter and statement....because you are on 40 days .

it appears that some people are trying to boost the agents work load, by

making things a bit more complicated than they used to be. 

I went in to Jomtien 42 days early. The officer checked everything and said they could accept it then if I had travel plans that would have conflicted with later submission. I didn't.

He stapled the pack of papers plus forms to be signed together and said to bring it back around the 30 to 32 day mark. I did. He accepted the previously checked and stapled application, etc just as it was without further ado and I received the renewal.

Can't see how that was more complicated or that I would have had any reason to use an agent. Actually when I brought the application back, it took only about 5 minutes to complete since he had checked it all during my first visit.

Given that they accept applications around 30 days early, I thought he was quite accommodating and made it simple for me to finish it up quickly on my second visit.

Edited by Suradit69