New Hosting Read more... ×
BANGKOK 20 January 2019 23:47

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

So is WINE a protected product name, and beer, and pork, and beef ?

A protected name is like CHAMPAGNE, COGNAC, CORNISH pasty, CHEDDAR cheese, SCOTCH whisky. etc etc.

"Wine is a free and open-source compatibility layer that aims to allow computer programs developed for Microsoft Windows to run on Unix-like operating systems."

Champagne is a protected kind of wine. Wine itself as a liquid is not protected.

I think beef should be protected, lol

Enough of this, call margarine butter, whatever!

Edited by hugocnx
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

"Wine is a free and open-source compatibility layer that aims to allow computer programs developed for Microsoft Windows to run on Unix-like operating systems."

Nice one. Does MINT qualify? And CINNAMON?

Edited by wgdanson

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

Nice one. Does MINT qualify? And CINNAMON?

Please do your own research/homework:-)

Just now, hugocnx said:

Please do your own research/homework:-)

Been there and done it. Cheers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I use big slabs of Allowrie Butter, is that ok for bread and patries etc.

It works for me. I buy the 5 kg blocks of salted "butter" at Macro for about 750 baht and cut it into about 20 lumps and freeze it. It still tastes OK when defrosted, put in the fridge  and used normally. They also sell unsalted "butter" for the same price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

It works for me. I buy the 5 kg blocks of salted "butter" at Macro for about 750 baht and cut it into about 20 lumps and freeze it. It still tastes OK when defrosted, put in the fridge  and used normally. They also sell unsalted "butter" for the same price.

Yes I buy from the local bakery shop, forgot the price, next time I go down I'll check. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

LOL, like your "butter" escape.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 10:08 AM, sharktooth said:

This mornings effort. Partially following Britmans recipe but added Vital Wheat Gluten and a few seeds. Getting there.

0B0EB206-5A7B-4EED-9C99-B3575831B6F7.jpeg

Did you buy the vital wheat gluten local ? I got some too but had to buy it on ebay. 

37 minutes ago, robblok said:

Did you buy the vital wheat gluten local ? I got some too but had to buy it on ebay. 

Surprisingly Central Food Hall had it. I first checked with Yok, but they were out of stock, however they had it today when I was in.

12 hours ago, sharktooth said:

Surprisingly Central Food Hall had it. I first checked with Yok, but they were out of stock, however they had it today when I was in.

Thanks, i will look in the big central near me hopefully the tops has it. I dont mind importing stuff but i like to keep things local when i can.

Tthe wheat gluten work like a charm i can make a 100% wholewheat bread (i mean only whole wheat flour). I add milk and instead of butter olive oil. I got a bread maker and it works great.

So there are people who use milk, my gf likes the bread better when i add milk. I have even added protein powder at one time when I wanted high protein bread for my diet. It can all be done. Oh the protein whey was without flavor of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Thanks, i will look in the big central near me hopefully the tops has it. I dont mind importing stuff but i like to keep things local when i can.

Tthe wheat gluten work like a charm i can make a 100% wholewheat bread (i mean only whole wheat flour). I add milk and instead of butter olive oil. I got a bread maker and it works great.

So there are people who use milk, my gf likes the bread better when i add milk. I have even added protein powder at one time when I wanted high protein bread for my diet. It can all be done. Oh the protein whey was without flavor of course.

I haven’t tried a 100% whole wheat yet as I was wary, but that’s good to hear. I like a lot of seeds in my bread as well so I might go 40/60 with white and whole wheat plus loads of seeds. I don’t think even with the gluten I would be successful with 100% whole-wheat and lots of seeds.