Bumrungrad Dental Hospital

Kjglen

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice: 

I had an appointment today with Samitivej Hospital at the dental department today for a general check up and potentially have a filling or two (I haven’t visited a dentist for around 5 years)

Anyway... got to the hospital and they overbooked and couldn’t see me but didn’t let me know. I’ve now booked in tomorrow to Bumrungrad. Is this a good hospital for dental? 

What would the prices be roughly?

Thanks in advance

In my experience, Bumrungrad is very expensive, and not always with experienced dentists who have at least some overseas training. In fact lately Bumrungrad has just become a mint, or at least that's the feeling left in your wallet after any contact with them.

Many expats I know, self included, go to Asavanant on the corner of Thonglor and Sukhumvit (Thonglor BTS).  They are mostly female dental surgeons, most that I've spoken to have trained in the US or Australia, and though they aren't the cheapest in town they do excellent work and use the very latest technologies, and are way cheaper than Bumrungrad. Website is asavanant . com, and you can call them for a price comparison.

Actually not sure overseas training is all that important for dentists - have had much better treatment in Thailand over the last 50 years than in USA.  And my grandfather and two uncles were dentists so have a bit of experience (unfortunately in most cases).  Expect cost would be about the same in both hospitals mentioned.  Find it hard to believe hospital overbooked - unless there was no specific doctor appointment.  More likely the dentist was in transit from New Years upcountry.  Estimate about 80% of shophouse business I walked by today at 0900 were closed due such reasons.  Thai Time.

Archived