BANGKOK 23 March 2019 07:52
kajito

few questions about 60 day extension for multi-entry visa

Using my multi-entry visa to get an extension by the crossing the border either by land or air is this 
considered a border run or a visa run and do I need to spend at least one night in another country?

1 hour ago, kajito said:

Using my multi-entry visa to get an extension by the crossing the border either by land or air is this 
considered a border run or a visa run and do I need to spend at least one night in another country?

With an proper visa, you should be able to come straight back in, but you do need to actually enter the other country and get and in & out stamp there (plus a visa if applicable)..  It's only the 30 day exempts they make more difficult (and even then only a few land crossings, so I've heard).  Make sure you check that they stamp you for the full 60days, since many of the land crossings are used to giving mostly 30 days only.

btw... terminology police!!.. You will be getting a new 60 day "permission to stay" at the border on entry to T/L.... It's NOT an extension.  (you get the 30day "extension" from a Thai immigration office)

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He would get a new 60 day entry from the his multiple entry tourist visa. 

The 2 times a per calendar year is for visa exempt entries at land border crossings. There is no limit if a valid visa is used for entry.

I didn't know that. So you can have limitless number of tourist visa per year?

2 hours ago, steve73 said:

btw... terminology police!!.. You will be getting a new 60 day "permission to stay" at the border on entry to T/L.... It's NOT an extension.  (you get the 30day "extension" from a Thai immigration office) thanks for clearing that up.

So I was able to get the 30-day extension visa at the immigration office last week. Quick question how many times can I do this with a multi-entry visa, in other words, could I continue to go to the immigration office every month and get the 30-day visa and pay the 1900B until my multi-entry visa expires in May or is there a limit? I know I would get a 60-day visa on re-entry by air but I just want to know what my options are, thanks!