Recycling old electonics and batteries

connda

In the underground parking lot of Kad Suan Kaew you can recycle batteries, fluorescent tubes, plastic and all kinds of stuff. If you park on the very bottom floor near the Post Office, all you do is walk up those 5 or so steps near the elevator and toilet and look to your left and there it is. Or drive up one floor and go to where the P.O. is and park and unload. Been there for about 12 years that I can recall.

Some malls have little clear plastic boxes for putting old batteries in. My local Tesco Plus mall used to have one but no longer does. I agree with Britmantoo, just leave them outside, the garbage collectors or someone will want them. No big deal. 

On the edge of town near Tessaban offices there are quite a few Hazardous Waste collection points - three near us in Nong Hoi.  There used to be one at the PEA office on the east side of the river but I haven't been since we set up a direct debit.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:15 PM, BritManToo said:

Just leave it outside your house, someone always wants it.

Quite often they want to give you money for it.

That's probably not a bad idea.  Put a sign in Thai that says "Free" and come back at the end of the day.

Archived