is Thai Elite Visa easier to obtain ?

Like to know some opinions and the people who have experienced it .

is Thai elite visa easier to obtain provided you have the sufficient amount ? And no criminal , overstay record in Thailand .

Getting tourist visas every now and then is obviously quite difficult and high chance of getting denied .

with Thai elite does it get any easier ? What do the immigration check actually before approving ?

how long is the process ?

thanks 

I remember a thread here on Thaivisa a while ago where somebody complained that it took 2 months or something like that before he got the visa, but he was from a poor country. So it might depend on your nationality, if you are from a rich country it shouldn't take very long.

• Thanks 1

If authorities are concerned about person working on tourist visa then 

Are they not concerned that on elite a person might work too? Or is it just you give us money then we don’t care

but you paying almost nothing for tourist visa so why let you work

• Like 1

One simple application form.
All through email.
About two weeks.
Pick up visa at bkk airport if you apply from outside, or Bangkok immigration if you are already in Thailand.

Less paperwork than a single entry visa.

And of course, you do it once, and your good for 5 or 20 years depending which you choose.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 minutes ago, Travelanimal said:

Asked thai elite sales staff for info they provided some attachments 

which included that it takes approx 3-4 months of approval . Hmmm have the rules changed?

What website were you using when you got that info and who contacted you?

This from the official website. https://www.thailandelite.com/join-thailand-elite/elite-easy-access-membership?locate=en

image.png.168c08127e93dca9c9f34db73f8bf9ef.png

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2019 at 7:04 PM, jackdd said:

I remember a thread here on Thaivisa a while ago where somebody complained that it took 2 months or something like that before he got the visa, but he was from a poor country. So it might depend on your nationality, if you are from a rich country it shouldn't take very long.

My myanmar girlfriend got hers within 2 weeks after payment received by Thailand elite. Immigration just want to check if you have any record such as criminal or overstay . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ctkong said:

My myanmar girlfriend got hers within 2 weeks after payment received by Thailand elite. Immigration just want to check if you have any record such as criminal or overstay . 

I got my EV five days after I applied. How do you know they check for "any record such as criminal or overstay"? Or are you just assuming?

10 hours ago, HerbalEd said:

I got my EV five days after I applied. How do you know they check for "any record such as criminal or overstay"? Or are you just assuming?

Was told verbally by mr willan (koon) that after submission to immigration for checking for ‘criminal’ offenses, once approved by immigration ,they will issue an invitation letter that you use at entry point. 

“Please note that those who has overstayed more than once in the past 3 years even if the fine has been paid, they will be rejected when getting the Elite Visa sticker affixed to the passport.”

this passage was included in the approval letter after receipt of payment to Thailand elite. Hope it is useful for those interested. 

• Like 1

my wife and i got ours last year and it took 60 mins, but i ready lately can be uptown a week, 

all we had to do was complete the form and email a copy of passport then we were approved

within 60 mins with approval lasting 30 days to make the necessary payment. when payment received

we can go to Bangkok to get visa or they will do on our next arrival into thailand at the airport by Thai Elite Hostess.. we took the 5 yr visa to see how well it works and sofar its excellent , its not for everyone as the cost is much higher then just doing a standard retirement visa but there are benefits one being you dont have to go through all this process yearly of applying for a renewal visa and all the paper work and annoying requests for different paper work or photos to the previous time.. their are various period options and family options. it generally suits someone who is not of retirement age ie 50 yrs or is a regularly visitor to thailand as they own property here or are working offshore and use thailand as a home base. this is because after a certain number of visits per year immigration will red flag you and tell you to stop coming on a tourist visa, has happened to quite a few friends of mine and another put back on a plane to hongkong ... anyway as i stated not for all as most will consider expensive but we have found them very helpful ie when leaving the country you book the limo transfer and the VIP departure service and the same when returning all this free of charge.. good luck.

• Thanks 1

How this visa and agent-submitted services are coerced out of people who don't really need them:

5 minutes ago, aussieinphuket said:

...  annoying requests for different paper work or photos to the previous time..

... after a certain number of visits per year immigration will red flag you and tell you to stop coming on a tourist visa, has happened to quite a few friends of mine and another put back on a plane to hongkong

If the elite were offered, but no other changes made to immigration-policy to coerce it's use, it would not be a problem.  But as you point out, if immigration stopped making up unofficial changes to normal extensions, to hassle honest applicants, and inventing rules that don't exist to restrict Tourist-Visa use at some airports (and Poipet), fewer Elite Visas and Agent-Fee facilitated extensions would be purchased. 

And given a percentage of those hassled are not going to stick around to put up with the abuse, and only a tiny percentage of under-50s would ever purchase an elite-visa - many will leave, destroying Thai jobs, only to create them for people in other countries where they move.  

This shines a clear light on the purpose and result of those pointless, damaging (to Thailand), and seemingly arbitrary actions: Lining Certain Pockets at the expense of the well-being of the country.

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

How this visa and agent-submitted services are coerced out of people who don't really need them:

If the elite were offered, but no other changes made to immigration-policy to coerce it's use, it would not be a problem.  But as you point out, if immigration stopped making up unofficial changes to normal extensions, to hassle honest applicants, and inventing rules that don't exist to restrict Tourist-Visa use at some airports (and Poipet), fewer Elite Visas and Agent-Fee facilitated extensions would be purchased. 

And given a percentage of those hassled are not going to stick around to put up with the abuse, and only a tiny percentage of under-50s would ever purchase an elite-visa - many will leave, destroying Thai jobs, only to create them for people in other countries where they move.  

This shines a clear light on the purpose and result of those pointless, damaging (to Thailand), and seemingly arbitrary actions: Lining Certain Pockets at the expense of the well-being of the country.

Coerced? Hassled? I've been regularly and frequently visiting Thailand for 35 years, and living full-time here for 7 years, and I've never been coerced or hassled by Thai immigration. I think your conspiracy theory, is just that: A theory. Meanwhile more tourists than ever are visiting Thailand.

Edited by HerbalEd

4 hours ago, HerbalEd said:

Coerced? Hassled? I've been regularly and frequently visiting Thailand for 35 years, and living full-time here for 7 years, and I've never been coerced or hassled by Thai immigration. I think your conspiracy theory, is just that: A theory. Meanwhile more tourists than ever are visiting Thailand.

Only a percentage of applicants for extensions are targeted.  If you read this forum regularly, you will find many reports of this, with replies similar to your own, by those who have not experienced this. 

I also had "no problems" for quite a while, and thought "my office" was one of the good ones - always did everything by the book. But then, I married a Thai and got hit-up with the "push to an agent" treatment at 2 different desks (Non-O Stamp and Family-based Extension), to spite having every requirement met. 

Combined with the anti-foreigner attitudes at some amphoes who refused to marry us, I had my eyes opened to the clique infecting some areas of authority who adamantly dislike any foreign presence - except those willing to "pay tribute" to be here - a condition which the elite visa certainly exceeds.

Assuming you are not using an elite visa for your current stay, I hope your good luck with immigration continues.  You may need it, because the trend appears to be headed in a negative direction.