Renewing Tax Sticker in 7-11 - New Requirements?

Kinnock

My Supercub is a year old, so I headed to the local 7 to pay tax and government insurance, but this year it seemed more complicated.  First I needed a Thai ID with a chip to start the process, so I picked up the long haired one who took over the negotiations.

Paid the 330 THB, but then was told there's a 'new requirement' for personal insurance for foreigners?  Tried to use my Class 1 insurance on my other big-ish bike as it covers me for any bike, but this got too complicated, so just paid an extra 156 THB and everyone seemed happy.  

Hopefully a new tax sticker will arrive at my home in a week, but I'm not too sure.  An official looking Thai Government page came up on the 7-11 display, and it had my bike details, but it was all a bit confusing.  Perhaps I should have gone back to the dealer, but I though the local 7-11 would be easier?

Is it just me, or is anything to do with paperwork and bikes always a bit fuzzy?

It's just you that's a bit fuzzy[emoji39]

The bike needs to have compulsory government insurance...nothing to do with being a foreigner..if you want better insurance coverage then "up to you" but to get the tax disc you must have the compulsory insurance.

18 hours ago, johng said:

It's just you that's a bit fuzzyemoji39.png

The bike needs to have compulsory government insurance...nothing to do with being a foreigner..if you want better insurance coverage then "up to you" but to get the tax disc you must have the compulsory insurance.

Yes, it doesn’t matter where you go to pay your motorbike or car tax, you first need to buy CTP insurance.

Unless you are far away from your local car registration and tax office, I think it is easier to go there.
Buy your compulsory insurance at the in-house booth ( or at a stall outside if it looks permanent ???? ), pay tax and in return receive sticker and updated Tabian Rod: Done.
In my experience, beginning of the month just after lunchtime fastest in-and-out (15 minutes my best time).
(bring green / blue book, test results if older vehicle (5/7 years if I remember right), Pink ID card and/or Passport for Insurance, and the necessary Cash)

On 1/2/2019 at 7:38 PM, johng said:

It's just you that's a bit fuzzyemoji39.png

I knew I had to have the compulsory insurance, and paid 300 THB for the 'por lor bor' and 'pa-see' tax sticker, plus 20 THB for the counter service at 7-11, but then there was the extra 156 THB for extra insurance that caused some confusion.

All so cheap it's no big deal, but I couldn't understand the process.  Looks like it was just me getting confused.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW recently did my Click at a 7. Green book and GF Thai ID card. Wouldn't accept my passport. I've heard conflicting reports about passport being OK or whether it's Thai ID cards only. In some cases I think it's also down to the staff at the 7 knowing what is acceptable or at least prepared to look at what is outside of the norm. Anyways, just used the Thai ID. Anything for an easy life.

Insurance was 323 and tax sticker 100. Tax sticker arrived within 4 days. They said 14 days or so for the Insurance ticket (although they do print out the schedule / receipt). Not yet been 14 days so still waiting for that.

Posted using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Amendment to the above.  When you do this at the 7/11 they will print you an A4 size 'certificate' / receipt, this is the Pro Raw Bor.  The long print out tickets that you get are only when you insure in person at one of the insurance booths / shops.  The 'tax sticker' will be sent in the post though, they say up to 14 days, mine arrived within 4.

Archived