'I won' - Trump rebuffs criticism from incoming Senator Romney

webfact

11 hours ago, mshs said:

It's just you, the markets are up 12%-18% plus a dividend yield of 2%-3% per year.

Markets January 2017

S&P 2,277

DOW 19,966

Markets January 2019

S&P 2,550

DOW 23,533

The markets are driven in large part by throwing a lot of fuel on an already strong economy with little planning on the eventual downturn that always happens.   The deficit is huge and increasing in a hot economy, and once the downturn happens the piggy bank will be empty leaving little to buffer the downturn.   Not to mention, the underlying economy has not translated into any real gains in people's standard of living...  The stability that has existed is in large part driven by having a majority of the people with some skin in the game, some skin to lose...   the more people feel disenfranchised, the more the society will ebb towards a level of instability that we have not seen in my lifetime.   I don't know when the fuel will run out... it might well stay hot through the 2020 election... but god help us when the country enters its next cyclical downturn... Without any corrective action... we will eventually be hit quite hard with no room to maneuver since the US will be more or less insolvent. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on. Lets face facts. The Republican Party has been shown to be full of right wing bigoted red necks.

The Democrats are now full of social loser hand wringers.

Where is some Centrist that can put it all back together again.

The dis United States of America is a political mess. Stability is always the middle road. 

Your dis unity is letting other powerful countries overrun you. And you seem to not care.

Archived