Samui "song thaew" driver agrees to pay foreigner's 6,000 baht hospital bill after fare "misunderstanding"

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/3/2019 at 1:11 PM, seahorse said:

The reporting leaves a lot to be desired as usual. 

First it says Mr Fagin went to the police and then it says that the police arrived at the scene. 

Which is it? 

They returned to the scene for some finger pointing photos.. ????

Some friends. Real friends would have talked sense and made him adjust his demands to something like 150 THB

Thai girls are known to like to brawl. They thrive on this stuff and like physical violence. Poor guy, being overpowered by 2 females and then sucker punched in both elbows?!?

On 1/3/2019 at 5:39 AM, webfact said:

Wanchai Phoonsawat, 47, gave a different story. He said that he had offered an 800 baht all-in fare for the tourists and having got no reply to his request he asked "How much then?".

He said that he was attacked by the tourists who started it. He said that two Thai women then grabbed him by the arms so that the "farangs" could punch him. 

Liar

On 1/3/2019 at 4:18 PM, spidermike007 said:

It is highly doubtful the tourists were lying about the fare. This kind of fleecing is so common on Samui. And the driver deserves whatever beating he got. It is all about face. And how do I feel about face, the single greatest form of human weakness there is?

Face is no doubt, the greatest form of weakness, a human can engage in. Many will say it is societal, cultural, etc. No matter. It is the absolute and complete lack of the ability to introspect, and look within for the source of any problem, shortcoming, conflict, or issue. It is the polar opposite of spirituality, and therefore an absolute scourge on Buddha, and all of the precepts he taught. By practicing face, you are denying your spiritual heritage. You are refusing to man up. To take responsibility for your actions. If a man or a woman cannot, and will not take responsibility for their actions, the problems they create, the mistakes they make, and the issues they involve themselves in, what are they? Are they still an adult? Are they a complete individual, if they allow themselves to be limited by such infinitely small social convention? 

Who cares what people think of you? For those of us with high self esteem, it just does not matter. Sure, close friends and family. But strangers on the street? Who gives a rat's butt about this? It means nothing what they think, nor what they say about you. They count for nothing. They are just people, and people you do not know, nor will ever see again. Face is rife with self doubt, and by subscribing to this weakness, and man or woman is made a far lesser person. For those of us with high self esteem, we know who we are. What others think, what society thinks, what a guy or gal thinks, means less than zero.

Real men or women, simply own a situation, and take responsibility for their errors or mistakes. Small men, social deviants, or emotional adolescents deflect, obfuscate, attempt to confuse, and do everything in their power to deny that they made a mistake, or that they are responsible in any way, or on any level. They make up narratives about fake news, or alternative facts. Anything to avoid looking within, for the source of the problem. Anything.

Violence is unacceptable at anytime, towards anyone. End of matter

• 2 weeks later...

Normally I would agree with the posts on this topic but I also think that there are people posting on here that are from elsewhere, have no idea what goes on here and should quite frankly be blocked from posting on a Samui forum.

There are now a significant number of obnoxious tourists visiting Samui. I see them every day and they annoy the Thais with their rudeness to the extent that all of us 'farangs' are despised. I don't need to post their nationalities, you know who they are.

11 hours ago, SamuiGeezer said:

Normally I would agree with the posts on this topic but I also think that there are people posting on here that are from elsewhere, have no idea what goes on here and should quite frankly be blocked from posting on a Samui forum.

There are now a significant number of obnoxious tourists visiting Samui. I see them every day and they annoy the Thais with their rudeness to the extent that all of us 'farangs' are despised. I don't need to post their nationalities, you know who they are.

could not agree more, would even argue ntg to do with nationality, there is quite a good variety of nationalities which get my blood boiling with their way of talking to Thai people.  Quite shocking how the biggest idiots seem to think they are entitled to be treated like a king while wanting to pay peanuts for everything. It's like a red flag to a bull when I hear them shout in Thaienglish mimicking Thai people speaking.

Pleased that the quiet months are not too far away (apologies for my selfish thinking to those who have a business here).

14 hours ago, huberthammer said:

could not agree more, would even argue ntg to do with nationality, there is quite a good variety of nationalities which get my blood boiling with their way of talking to Thai people.  Quite shocking how the biggest idiots seem to think they are entitled to be treated like a king while wanting to pay peanuts for everything.

I've seen Chinese people that believe they are HiSo in MK insisting that the staff serve their self-BBQ food. Requirements enhanced by their Thai minibus driver, demanding that the staff serve these VIPs. 

Of course there are other nationalities that are rude and ignorant (particularly the USSR and their former countries) .... it does actually have a lot to do with nationality IMHO. 

Archived