Jump to content

Samui "song thaew" driver agrees to pay foreigner's 6,000 baht hospital bill after fare "misunderstanding"


webfact

Recommended Posts

I am astonished with the posts.

I have been ripped off by taxi drivers in London(I am a Brit), New York, Paris and every other major tourist hub I have visited.It happens!!!!

Thailand is a  wonderful Kingdom with kind, caring, polite and respectful people which is why many choose to live in the amazement and excitement of everything.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

Oncemore again - for the Tourism Authority of Thailand:

The internet can be accessed worldwide and this story will make the round. Get your fellow countrymen to abide by the law, get the police to book the culprit and breathe down his neck properly. 
The hospital bill of B 6000 is one thing; Somchai has not learnt a lesson. Anywhere else he would be booked, license (if any at all) withdrawn and an official apology to the damaged parties. 

It amazes me how hopelessly stupid Khon Thai can be; after all it is their country and the customer has the choice. 

They are all related on these small islands. How uncle policeman 

can put a cousin in jail ? ....  his cousin's daughter would stop

meeting with him for splashy splashy .

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NobbyClarke said:

I am astonished with the posts.

I have been ripped off by taxi drivers in London(I am a Brit), New York, Paris and every other major tourist hub I have visited.It happens!!!!

Thailand is a  wonderful Kingdom with kind, caring, polite and respectful people which is why many choose to live in the amazement and excitement of everything.

 

Amazement and excitement! You make Thailand sound like Disneyland rather than a country run by a draconian military junta. And the songthaew mafia in places like Samui and Phuket could be called many things, but 'kind, caring, polite and respectful' is stretching the truth quite a bit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Another instance of those in the tourism service industry looking to fleece its customers, then getting angry and aggressive when their outrageous demands are not met. And of course another instance of a wai and a small fine to allow this shitty behaviour to go relatively unpunished. Given several drivers were involved, one wonders why they too were not dragged to the police station over the matter. Having got clean away with it, you can see this will happen again and again.

How about a group of forieners going to errr talk to these taxi drivers and show them the error of their ways

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NobbyClarke said:

Thailand is a  wonderful Kingdom with kind, caring, polite and respectful people which is why many choose to live in the amazement and excitement of everything.

You didn't say that you live or lived here.  With this statement, I have to ask if you have ever been to Thailand and hailed a Taxi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SkyNets said:

And......Que story of helpful taxi driver returning an unusually large amount of cash left in his cab to a tourist!

"Disaster: person does the right thing and makes headline news".

One of the less attractive facets of some societies, and I'm not just Thai bashing.  It's all over the globe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, metisdead said:

A post containing an offensive comment toward Thais has been removed:

 

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
 

We all know they are such wonderful people

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

You didn't say that you live or lived here.  With this statement, I have to ask if you have ever been to Thailand and hailed a Taxi.

If he'd ever been to Samui he'd know that;

- Taxis hail the punters &

- Drunks are thrown in to pubs! 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Another instance of those in the tourism service industry looking to fleece its customers, then getting angry and aggressive when their outrageous demands are not met. And of course another instance of a wai and a small fine to allow this shitty behaviour to go relatively unpunished. Given several drivers were involved, one wonders why they too were not dragged to the police station over the matter. Having got clean away with it, you can see this will happen again and again.

I found it quite bemusing that " two Thai women then grabbed him by the arms so that the "farangs" could punch him"! That's got to be a first!. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spock said:

Amazement and excitement! You make Thailand sound like Disneyland rather than a country run by a draconian military junta. And the songthaew mafia in places like Samui and Phuket could be called many things, but 'kind, caring, polite and respectful' is stretching the truth quite a bit. 

He's a newbie, but even so I think he's being just a tad sarcastic!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...