"What brainless idiots allowed this?" - lampposts in the middle of the road in Lamphun

webfact

"What brainless idiots allowed this?" - lampposts in the middle of the road in Lamphun

3PM_SAN.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A poster on Facebook laid into the authorities in Lamphun in Thailand's north after pictures were shown of lampposts in the middle of a two lane road.

One showed signs that it had been hit several times in accidents, reported Sanook.

The posts were unprotected - there was no central divider on the road behind a school in Muang district. 

A poster on the "Klum Khon Thai Mai Ow Hap Rei Phaeng Loi" site did not mince his words in condemning the brainless authorities who had this idea, who installed the posts and who allowed it to happen.

"I applaud you all with my feet rather than my hands", he said in a facetious and expletive laden rant.

A picture of a car that had hit one of the posts was also posted as netizens commented in droves. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-03

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

"What brainless idiots allowed this?"

The same ones who allow similar idiocy nationwide. Thinking is not a strong point for many in Thailand, the evidence of which, like this incident, is apparent daily.

The most interesting points: local planning authorities would have approved the project, civil engineering approved the placement on the road, provincial electrical authority approved and inspected the electrical, a government official (s) inspected and approved payment for the completed installation...

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

pictures were shown of lampposts in the middle of a two lane road.

I've heard of the expression " His lights are on but no one's in " but on this occasion the lights are not even on within whoever thought this was a bright idea .. 

just another example of the many people in autoritative positions without having the education to enable them - how did they get that job

It is a massive problem in Thailand and plays a major part in its lack of ability to address issues like the road carnage, every civil servant in this country (unless elected) should be forced to disclose their academic qualifications and if they don't have the required level of education - remove them

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Thais seem to regularly crash in to lampposts when they are placed at the side of the road so perhaps a bit of reverse psychology applies here.   

Safety measure. Now the drunk/incapacitated don't have to endanger pedestrians when they have the urge to hit something immobile

I think this is a great idea.... especially in the villages... make them nearly invisible... one at every 10 meters.... 

Have the locals make them...

Have local repair shops ...

Can't have enough obstacles in the path of incompetent drivers...

Would be a great "catcher" for the drunk and stupid ones...

Drive slow, drive safe, happy 2019

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

This is not the first incident of this.  It's happened half of dozen times that I know of.

Oh yes, I remember several of these kinds of idiot mistakes.

In Belgium and the Netherlands.

I understand it.  I think it’s driven, in part, by some historical culture/societal “norms” as well as educational practices.

by that I mean, it is my opinion, that “free thinkers” or those that express opposing/individual option or who question (for good intentions and not purely as a disruptive/obstructionist practice) what is or what’s accepted - aren’t widely produced in this country nor are their behaviors cherished.

conformists tend to be what I see in Asia more often.  I don’t mean that a conformist is overtly a bad thing...  but I DO think that in some cases, it good to question “why are we doing this?” versus simply following what was said/given or done in the past.

Archived