BANGKOK 21 February 2019 12:46
webfact

"What brainless idiots allowed this?" - lampposts in the middle of the road in Lamphun

9 hours ago, webfact said:

What brainless idiots allowed this?

The original thai post prior english translation "What Thai person allowed this?"

10 hours ago, SkyNets said:

`What brainless idiots drive in the middle of the road`

There are no lanes in Thailand, there is no left or right hand side or for that matter a centre, there is no wrong direction

it's one piece of tarmac/concrete and a free for all !!

20 hours ago, smedly said:

just another example of the many people in autoritative positions without having the education to enable them - how did they get that job

It is a massive problem in Thailand and plays a major part in its lack of ability to address issues like the road carnage, every civil servant in this country (unless elected) should be forced to disclose their academic qualifications and if they don't have the required level of education - remove them

The trouble is, they buy the qualifications, they don't earn them. No one who pays fails anything here. I understand that Civil Servants do need to have degrees.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:07 AM, SkyNets said:

In Thailand? Many!!!

Sorry if my cultures and believe make some one feel bad .... i know can make accident but think different about why not carful more or slow down when you ride ... it very sensitive about believe and national rulers. Sorry if i write English so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 1/3/2019 at 2:07 PM, SkyNets said:

It's dark, lights not working on post, driver thinks it's ok to overtake on this wide long straight road, unfamiliar with the situation, the driver is to late to dodge the post. Next thing you know.

Bang!