Thailand is "World Champion in motorcycle deaths" - bad brakes to blame

webfact

shows exactly what a joke Thailand is when even with all the road deaths they are more concerned with saving face and blaming the bikes instead of the pathetic riding and total lack of road sense by the thais themselves. They ignore road rules totally, refuse to use the mirrors for anything other than picking their pimples or admiring themselves, dont indicate, ride the wrong way on the road/wrong side of the road, no helmets, overload the bike, have no tail lights, swerve in and out of cars at speed etc but blame the brakes, how stupid can they get

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embarrassing to have such uninformed people making stupid statements like this.....

The brakes on locally produced bikes are fine....nothing special, but adequate for a 125cc.

They just can't blame the riders can they....probably impolite!

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Embarrassing to have such uninformed people making stupid statements like this.....

The brakes on locally produced bikes are fine....nothing special, but adequate for a 125cc.

They just can't blame the riders can they....probably impolite!

No, can't do that! They'd lose face... ????

Wow bad brakes and abs saves lives  abs doesn't its just as dangerous on a motorcycle. It takes longer to stop with abs and as bkk is so conjested  abs isn't the answer. It's the Peanut on the bike that pulls the brake lever that's the issue  and thai don't maintain there bikes thay just don't care 

I'm so tired of  this country passing the buck .  Blame the bike maker not it the idiots that ride them  just man up amd say the people are the issue not the equipment. 

I am so sick of riders going the wrong way on the street b/c they don’t want to go to the next u turn to make the turn....

high risk driving is normal to them and they don’t realize it and also don’t want to take the accountability for it - a significant % like 20-25% are the cause of accidents and injuries and until they can lower it to 1-2%, driving stats will remain constant like flat line on a heart monitor...

6 hours ago, johng said:

Yes all very well going at 10KPH,  might as well walk

If the road conditions demand it then 10 kph it is.

6 hours ago, johng said:

how do you tell when a nice bit of road will suddenly turn into  a rutted and pot holed bit

Looking ahead and not speeding will help.

6 hours ago, johng said:

how do you tell when there is diesel or sand  on a corner..

Again looking ahead and seeing the potential danger so that one can miss it or slow down.

6 hours ago, johng said:

how do you tell when a soi dog will run out across your path from behind a rubbish bin on the side of the road

You don't, but if going at a reasonable speed, avoiding it or braking is easier.

6 hours ago, johng said:

How do you see unlit/signed U-turns on a fast road  at night

If you are in the correct lane then u-turns on the right hand side shouldn't affect you........

SPEED and CARELESSNESS (through stupidity) are the main killers and MOST accidents would not result in fatalities if the speed was reduced.

And as just about everyone else has said, it is the nut between the saddle and the handlebars which is to blame in the vast majority of fatalities and accidents here.......no two ways about it.

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Bad brakes?  Hardly. More like Bad, Reckless Drivers.

Using Thai "logic," most, if not all, countries should have the same high percentage of deaths, as not many bikes have ABS systems. Nah, you're right bad, reckless drivers, but hey, we all know Thais will never face the truth about  themselves.

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I am so sick of riders going the wrong way on the street b/c they don’t want to go to the next u turn to make the turn....

<snip>

To be fair, it's probably much safer slowly & carefully going the wrong on the hard-shoulder, for a couple of km, than trying to make 2 u-turns (with the necessary crossing from slow lane to fast lane, and then back again on the other carriageway) especially with some of the other idiots that drive at excessive speeds.  And you only need to keep an eye in front of you for the idiots coming at you "under-taking" on the hard-shoulder.

I know it's illegal, but I put my safety first every time.

I’ve ridden motorcycles since I was 19, over 30 years mostly bikes with no ABS and have advanced training. It’s said that 90% of accidents are avoidable through correct behaviour.

The problem is insufficient training and poor judgement. The former is solvable as is poor judgement to some degree and obviously due to alcohol is avoidable. Poor judgement due to hard wired stupidity isnt going to get fixed in a hurry though - getting removed from the gene pool takes time to have an effect.

None of this matters, NOTHING will change.  We waste our time commenting, and deaths continue....Perfect definition of insanity: doing the same thing over again but expecting a different result!!!  I'm not sure who is more of the fool; me/us commenting on this news report, or the idiots causing the deaths?  Put another way, if a tree falls in the forest will anyone hear it?  Will anyone care?? NOPE!

10 hours ago, transam said:

What is ABS.....Brakes are brakes, you learn about your ride or pay..I mean, this bike has drums and no gizmo's....????

10 hours ago, transam said:

What is ABS.....Brakes are brakes, you learn about your ride or pay..I mean, this bike has drums and no gizmo's....????

Great vid but off topic but watched this bike in 1966 live on IOM 

You can spin this however you want.

At the end of the day; motorcycles, cars, trucks, you name it, they cant drive. 

Never taught, never tested, never punished.

It's like groundhog day, except in the Thai version, there is always an excuse for repeating stupid....endlessly

Archived