CMU Small Animal Hospital - Farang Friendly?????

Dazinoz

I have used this vets a few times before and usually have a wait but I don't mind waiting my turn.

Today I took my dog in at 8.30am. There were 2 people ahead of me. People slowly arrived and first customer not taken in until about 9. Anyhow after 2 hours waiting and 15 people went in before me I left and now looking for new vets.

Anyone else have similar issues?

So you just sat there for 2 hrs and did not bother to say

something ?, I was at a Government hospital last week,

and they started to see patients  that had arrived after

me,but I quickly got up and let them know I was there

and needed seeing,it was no problem,but if i had not 

mentioned it to the nurses,i could too have waited hours.

regards Worgeordie

25 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So you just sat there for 2 hrs and did not bother to say

something ?, I was at a Government hospital last week,

and they started to see patients  that had arrived after

me,but I quickly got up and let them know I was there

and needed seeing,it was no problem,but if i had not 

mentioned it to the nurses,i could too have waited hours.

regards Worgeordie

I was sitting right in front of reception and they looked at me many times. Sometimes people working in these type of places need to know their jobs.

Did you request a queue card?

Many people have appointments and they go first. Sometimes I have an appointment at 11:00 but don't get in until 13:00 because our vet is very popular and often has very complex cases that take lots of time. 8:30-10:30 wait is not that long there. They are VERY busy with very sick animals, many of which have cancer.

Be patient, it's a great place and worth the wait.

As above. Also did you have an appointment? Maybe most of the 15 did. You can also ask one of the ladies on the desk and they'll tell you how many are in front of you for your doctor. Finally, unless you need to go to that specific place for oncology or something, then just go somewhere else - I find Thonglor and Purpoon are generally quick.

It could also be that you were queued to see a English speaking vet who was late to arrive at the office that day... Been there a few times with my Thai partner and was asked if I wanted English speaking person... I always ask for English speaker as our cat only understands Thai spoken with an English accent...

btw we know live in the Mae Hai/Hang Dong area and know a great Vet who speaks general English

It could also be that you were queued to see a English speaking vet who was late to arrive at the office that day... Been there a few times with my Thai partner and was asked if I wanted English speaking person... I always ask for English speaker as our cat only understands Thai spoken with an English accent...

btw we know live in the Mae Hai/Hang Dong area and know a great Vet who speaks general English

I am Mae Hia near Big C. What is vets name please.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A five question mark title. ...

The answer is yes. I have taken my dog there a couple of times and they are attentive and on the ball. 

They will not give you Previcox (other than a token, one time amount), but there are ways around that. 

The fact is that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. 

"Excuse me; I've been waiting here before these other people. Why are they going before me?" No? 

Okay Walter Mitty, you're on your own... >..<

2 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I was sitting right in front of reception and they looked at me many times. Sometimes people working in these type of places need to know their jobs.

30+years here and I have never been bitten, hit or even a called bad name for simply talking with someone in a service position.  Next time ask.

7 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Every doctor there speaks English.

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

"My girlfriend says that anytime something goes wrong its my fault. So I guess I am wrong again and its my fault."

Solution: Remove the girlfriend. Keep man's best friend. Works for me. ...

I so much agree.

And looks like tonight is the night.

I also visited CMU hospital. All the Thai people who came after me got the doctors before me.

I had to wait 4 hours and complained at counter.

It seems that farangs are treated last in govt hospitals.

It's not just the vet that you go to...

Archived