US SS for January arrived ?

orang37

1 hour ago, lexilis said:

Can you (or anyone) clarify to me what the SS deposit policy change that is to take effect in April all about? Will they continue to deposit into BKK Bank? Another bank?

No change in SSA policy. It is Bangkok Bangkok that will require the direct deposits be coded for international ACH transfers which is IAT.

Ubonjoe:

on that other thread you wrote that:

On 12/22/2018 at 2:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

I decided to give the email a try to see if I get a response.

I received a reply last night wich was the their first working day since I sent the email.

As checked, your payment from Social Security was already in an IAT format so you don’t need to do anything.

So I have nothing to worry about now.

Can you tell me what e-mail address you used. Was it SSA or BKK Bank?

3 minutes ago, lexilis said:

I am more confused now but this sounds serious.

I posted in that topic. I sent an email to the the branch in New York and they confirmed mine is the IAT format.

Send an email to address mentioned in the OP with your, name,  account number, date of most recent transfer and the amount of it.

If not in the IAT format you will need to contact the SSA bout having the problem corrected.

My Thai neighbour is the widow of a US Veteran and she didn't get her pension notification until late yesterday afternoon instead of the 1st or 2nd.

I believe that this was due to the Thai banks being closed and all forex remittances are held at the Thai banks head office and then manually entered into the banking system.

The Thai bank staff who do this generally work from 8 till 5, Monday to Friday, no overtime or weekend work for them.

My UK pensions were set up on the Swift system which should go from the provider to my account virtually directly. They never did and sometimes it took 3 or 4 days to arrive.

I changed to a TransferWise Borderless account and during the week it takes 24 hours or less. If the payment comes on a Friday. Saturday or Sunday, I don't get it until the Monday following.

Archived