Tag Heuer battery replacement.

Ape1983

Good afternoon,

I have a genuine low end Tag Heuer that needs the battery replaced. Last time it happened I got it done at the official Tag place in Bangkok but I am now located in Chiang Mai.

Can anyone reccomend a place in Chiang Mai?

Thanks

Be alert....I have Gucci watches & have taken them to various places with the batteries replaced - no problem....

My sport watch stopped after about a year since the last battery replacement (l only wear watches on international travel).....

We took it to a place by our local Big C.....This guy was better equipped than some of the others....Right away he started about this being a "special" battery - cost, 800B.....

I have 3 Gucci watches, all batteries have been replaced in LOS with no mention of "special" & cost about 200-400B.....

He then put on this big show & pronounced the watch had a problem pointing to the circuit board indicating that in 3 days & 3500B he could have it fixed ASAP.....

In the US if there was a problem the watch had to be sent to L.A. or N.Y. involving weeks and the cost he quoted wouldn't cover a band repair....I declined & have been meaning to take it elsewhere for a look see.....Since I rarely wear a watch I haven't yet....

That being said, I found the Seiko shop at Airport Plaza to be reliable - 2 trips drop/pick up....

The only reason I tried this other at Hang Dong Big C is my wife took one of her watches in & I took mine too.....

I don't know if the guy was legit, but I know the price, location, and time frame wasn't......

28 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Charoensilpa on Thannon Thapae. Professional horologists, one trained in Switzerland.

They said they'd have to send my Swiss movement to Bangkok for repair (not a particularly rare or expensive one either).

2 hours ago, taotoo said:

They said they'd have to send my Swiss movement to Bangkok for repair (not a particularly rare or expensive one either).

I think the main horologist now works at their Bangkok office only. He used to go there one day a week I believe. On my last two visits, only the older guy was there. The younger guy is really great - he has repaired close to 20 Swiss watches for me. When I asked about two months ago when he would be back, I got the standard answer where they look down and say "in about a year". (Exactly what happened 2 days ago when I asked when my dentist would return.) After all these years I still haven't figured out what that is all about. They never want to say a professional is no longer available - it's always "back in about a year"!

My Tag is battery operated and doing well after 23 years. I also use the shop on the left side of Thapae immediately before Kampangdin Road mentioned and the one and only time a it failed they offered to source an original Tag part if I wished but a generic would work fine. I chose the latter and 3 years later still keeps excellent time.

They issue a one year warranty on all work done.

48 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

My Tag is battery operated and doing well after 23 years. I also use the shop on the left side of Thapae immediately before Kampangdin Road mentioned and the one and only time a it failed they offered to source an original Tag part if I wished but a generic would work fine. I chose the latter and 3 years later still keeps excellent time.

They issue a one year warranty on all work done.

I've had 20+ Swiss watches repaired there. They never offered me more than 30 days warranty. Oh well....

27 minutes ago, elektrified said:

I've had 20+ Swiss watches repaired there. They never offered me more than 30 days warranty. Oh well....

That was a while back and thought it was a years warranty but if you have had recent experience of 30 days then that's what it is.

10 hours ago, just_Elaine said:

In July, I got my battery replaced on my Tag (old - 1996) on the 1st floor of Maya shopping center. It is the guy selling watches towards the back. We also had a old Seiko watch, but he could not replace that battery.

Thanks

On 1/3/2019 at 3:05 PM, sharktooth said:

I got mine replaced by the old guy who used to be in the basement of ksk before the renovation. Some other members may know where he relocated to.

He's still in Kad Suan Kaew, but now on floor 1, outside the SCB branch.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, pgrahmm said:

Be alert....I have Gucci watches & have taken them to various places with the batteries replaced - no problem....

My sport watch stopped after about a year since the last battery replacement (l only wear watches on international travel).....

We took it to a place by our local Big C.....This guy was better equipped than some of the others....Right away he started about this being a "special" battery - cost, 800B.....

I have 3 Gucci watches, all batteries have been replaced in LOS with no mention of "special" & cost about 200-400B.....

He then put on this big show & pronounced the watch had a problem pointing to the circuit board indicating that in 3 days & 3500B he could have it fixed ASAP.....

In the US if there was a problem the watch had to be sent to L.A. or N.Y. involving weeks and the cost he quoted wouldn't cover a band repair....I declined & have been meaning to take it elsewhere for a look see.....Since I rarely wear a watch I haven't yet....

That being said, I found the Seiko shop at Airport Plaza to be reliable - 2 trips drop/pick up....

The only reason I tried this other at Hang Dong Big C is my wife took one of her watches in & I took mine too.....

I don't know if the guy was legit, but I know the price, location, and time frame wasn't......

Update - took my watch to the booth at Tesco Lotus on Hang Dong Rd....I had used them before.....

Was given the choice of a 2 or 3 year battery (#371).....

She installed the new battery, air cleaned the inside + wiped down/cleaned the watch band, & set the time and date.....

The watch is purring along like new - cost 350B.....

Draw your own conclusions about the first guy we went to at Big C, Mae Hia....

Archived