Storing Medication

CMoldie

Does anyone have a recommendation for a stand-alone chilled medicine cabinet? I ask mainly because I am on long term treatment with Methotrexate and am prescribed 12 x 2 ml vials of injectable solution which I keep at home for up to 3 months. The information sheet specifies storage below 25oC which is well below typical daily temperature. At the moment I keep them in the salad drawer in the fridge, but that is not ideal and is, in fact, cooler than recommended.

I have considered the small fridges designed to hold four cans of beer, but they tend to form a lot of condensation. I would prefer something built for the job. I guess I'm not the only one who needs something like this.

Thanks

Vials of methotrexate should be protected from light (stored in a cupboard – not on window sills). ➢ Once opened, vials of injectable methotrexate can be safelystored for 4 weeks (28 days). ➢ Opened vials can be stored at room temperature, it is not necessary to keep opened vials in the fridge.

Seems more light sensitive than anything, the above was from google.

Thermoelectric wine cooler (google it). Like a fridge but not as cold and pretty cheap, you can find small ones, I've seen them on some website, might have been Lazada, can't remember exactly.

Check that the cold doesn't degrade your meds as well!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 4:14 PM, ukrules said:

Thermoelectric wine cooler (google it). Like a fridge but not as cold and pretty cheap, you can find small ones, I've seen them on some website, might have been Lazada, can't remember exactly.

Check that the cold doesn't degrade your meds as well!

There is a selection of wine fridges, from very small to large at Power Buy.

Archived