No-deal EU exit 'far more likely' if parliament rejects May's deal - minister

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Rubbish. The UK was a fully committed member and big net contributor to the EU.

It wasn't the only member state that didn't join the Euro folly, Shengen or advocate "ever closer union".

And it was one of the countries, like Germany, that genuinely tried to implement and abide by all the rules.

The UK has more opt-outs than any other EU member.

And the EU is not a zero sum game. Germany is the biggest contributor to the EU yet many Brexiteers claim (wrongly) that it is the only country profiting from it.

I think the UK tabloids played a large role in eroding support for the EU. A case of "if you tell lies long enough, people start to believe them....."

A no deal Brexit might finally expose those lies and then who else can be blamed?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The 29th of March isn't hard to change at all. Simply withdraw Article 50. 

There is no way the UK would erupt as the French and to a less extent the Belgians have.

It would seem that the British establishment and media,think on the same lines as yourself. As we are not a nation that easily resorts to street violence. However passive resistance would be certain, and this could lead to us following the French model. 

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You are indeed correct.

It's just the Brexiters trying to pretend the referendum that was narrowly won by them was a once in a lifetime, never to be challenged, can't be changed, etc etc.

They'd sooner drive over a cliff than break when they see the edge!

Once in a lifetime is correct. However there is nothing to stop the remoaners demanding another referendum,say, 30-40yrs after the implementation of the people’s referendum of 2016.

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

Cameron  committed himself

Cameron committed his cabinet

Cameron committed the government

Cameron did not commit parliament, for good reasons - it was not within his power

and he resigned because of it

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

You and oilinki should get together, as you're both convinced that it's all a result of 'the russians' ????!

But please don't annoy the rest of us with this type of propaganda, insisting that brits. were influenced by russian propaganda.....

No. But Disinformation, which is a tool Russians use effectively, did have a major effect to the results.

Btw. Let's talk about the issues, not persons. Shall we? Mention my name once again on these threads and I will report your posts. That's not a threat. The same applies to everybody. Fun time is over and we now play by less relaxed rules. 

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

delusions are what humankind thrive on - don't remove 'em

you know guys,

participating in an English language forum ain't easy - forms humour etiquette very different

the above comment is quite brilliant (in my culture) here it goes without notice,

I am very far from complaining  I just note the cultural differences.

spent a lifetime in international organisations

interesting to see how UK delegates learn to speak incorrect English

there are certain aspects of English  that just do not sell internationally

Hence, UK government must just learn to speak incorrect English

if they want to be taken seriously.

14 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Mention my name once again on these threads and I will report your posts. That's not a threat. The same applies to everybody. Fun time is over and we now play by less relaxed rules. 

You can report whoever you like to the headmaster but you nonetheless aren't a mod and should therefore wind your neck in.

20 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Mention my name once again on these threads and I will report your posts. That's not a threat. The same applies to everybody. Fun time is over and we now play by less relaxed rules. 

Pathetic!

Archived