Bodies collected after Chiang Mai crash

snoop1130

49 minutes ago, roo860 said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:
Defensive driving of course. Have you ever tried running that concept by your average Thai?

49 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Wife and daughter, they do well.

Proud of them.

emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My wife also. In fact she's so safety conscious she sometimes nags me about it!

Bless her! ????

2 hours ago, BradWilkins said:

Yes likely they drowned, if they were not knocked unconscious from the guard rail and the car flipping they were probably trapped in the submerged car as the doors and windows were probably jammed shut from the impact.

That canal like most has a sloping concrete buttress profile and I don't think there is much water in it at this time. 

looking at where the car tipped, my guess would be headfirst onto the top of the concrete and being in contact with any water maybe afterwards?

had I been a rubbernecker and interested I would know for sure.

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Have a close look at the two screen shots I have attached. In the first one just behind the white car is a faded, but visible 'turn right' arrow.

In the second one it is very clear that both a right turn and a U turn are permissible. There is a blue 'U turn' sign and a green 'turn right' filter traffic light.

So the SUV was in the correct lane for a turn to the right and the saloon was in the wrong lane for going straight on. Which is what I said. She should have been to his left.

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (13).png

If I can just spoil the party here......

this photo is taken on completely the wrong side of the carriageway...this view is heading into Nimmen

if you look closely you can see the concrete landing I was referring to in the previous post.

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

If I can just spoil the party here......

this photo is taken on completely the wrong side of the carriageway...this view is heading into Nimmen

if you look closely you can see the concrete landing I was referring to in the previous post.

Yes, on closer inspection I do agree with you. I'm not familiar with this region. However if coming from the  correct direction, the traffic lights, the U turn sign and the lanes are just the same (see below). The junction is identical no matter which way you approach it.

Screenshot (14).png

Archived