Italian jumps to his death at Terminal 21 in Bangkok

webfact

Italian jumps to his death at Terminal 21 in Bangkok

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Lumpini police said a 44 year old Italian man jumped to his death at Terminal 21 shopping center in Bangkok yesterday afternoon. 

Pol Capt Noppha Thongbar said that CCTV footage showed Federico Maistrello jumped as he was on an escalator going from the sixth to the fifth floor. 

He fell to the ground floor in the central atrium in full view of shoppers. 

A tent was erected around his remains.

Thai Rath reported that he was clad in a t-shirt, track-suit pants and sneakers. 

He had small tattoos on both arms and a snake tattoo on his left shoulder.

He had a gold ring on the ring finger of his left hand. 

He was in possession of his passport, a key, an air-ticket, chewing gum, loose tobacco and roller, and a quantity of Lorazepam. 

Lorazepam is used to treat psychiatric disorders such as anxiety. It is also used to treat insomnia. 

Thai Rath said that the authorities had contacted the Italian embassy. 

Thaivisa notes that a man by this name has a Facebook account showing him as having a nickname in Thai as "Somchai". He is pictured with a Thai woman in Bangkok.

It could not be confirmed if this was the same man.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-04

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously a few issues going on upstairs for this poor bloke.

It’s an extremely sad and gruesome way to go. I understand that this was in BKK but if anyone is struggling here in Pattaya and need to reach out to someone for a chat, face-to-face, get something off your chest or whatever feel free to message me, I’ll always be open to lending a hand to someone struggling. Especially if it saves a life.

Nothing is ever that bad, There’s always a solution to a problem. Even if it’ll be a long, hard road it’s much better than the alternative. 

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

He was in possession of his passport, a key, an air-ticket, chewing gum, loose tobacco and roller, and a quantity of Lorazepam. 

And NO money on him, nothing? broken heart, anxiety issues, maybe that could be the reason why he jumped...

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

And NO money on him, nothing? broken heart, anxiety issues, maybe that could be the reason why he jumped...

As if the police are guna report money lol. Only reason his ring wasn't gone is that it's too easy to trace through spouse etc. 

3 minutes ago, meninblack said:

I was on the elevator and I saw something fly next to me and after a few second I heard strong noise when he felt in the floor. People was shocking and cry. The sad thing when he jump, he not scream, he just jump. I can’t forget that from my head. 

it must have been very traumatic for you to witness life disappear in front of your eyes.life is such unfortunately. you never know what is coming your way.

5 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Good Lord!

I certainly hope he had sufficient life insurance...

Is that the best you could come up with?

God be with the days when Human Beings had an ounce of compassion in them...the deceased had family I presume....hope they don't try to learn something more through reading this forum.

The set up in Terminal 21 is quite bizarre. You can literally see floors down from the escalators. Obviously one can do what one wants to do. But the set up there is dangerous. 
Yes. Most of the esculators don't have a glass barrier and it's long way down to the ground floor if your not to scared to look

8 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Most insurance companies won't pay in the case of suicide.

That is a fallacy. Many insurance policies in the US will pay for suicide if the policy has been in effect for at least 2 years.

Sorry about the guy and his problems, though like others said I wish he had chosen a less shocking and potentially dangerous (to others) exit out of his life.

I am curious however why in this case the full name is released right away, while in others it is withheld until next of kin have been notified. Isn't there some national law about this, or is it up to the (in)discretion of the reporters?

5 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Obviously a few issues going on upstairs for this poor bloke.

It’s an extremely sad and gruesome way to go. I understand that this was in BKK but if anyone is struggling here in Pattaya and need to reach out to someone for a chat, face-to-face, get something off your chest or whatever feel free to message me, I’ll always be open to lending a hand to someone struggling. Especially if it saves a life.

Nothing is ever that bad, There’s always a solution to a problem. Even if it’ll be a long, hard road it’s much better than the alternative. 

I don't think your handle will be particularly reassuring for those wanting a chat 555

21 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

The set up in Terminal 21 is quite bizarre. You can literally see floors down from the escalators. Obviously one can do what one wants to do. But the set up there is dangerous. 

A couple of times I have taken visitors there who found the long open escalator scary to use. One lady was shaking by the time we reached the top. Had to take the elevator back down.

Archived