BANGKOK 23 February 2019 07:46
westbounder

My Retirement Visa Extension in Chiang Rai

Why? Just a polo shirt and nice shorts is perfectly fine 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry to say I am privileged having PR. But things  have changed mightily at CR immigration in the last year or two:

- it's unbelievably more busy - really so - but nowhere near CM levels.

- the increased business is mostly from Asians - young HiSo students and older High Net Worth individuals. To tell the truth they look much more savoury than the farangs in the queue.

Edited by cadwallader
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cadwallader said:

Sorry to say I am privileged having PR. But things  have changed mightily at CR immigration in the last year or two:

- it's unbelievably more busy - really so - but nowhere near CM levels.

- the increased business is mostly from Asians - young HiSo students and older High Net Worth individuals. To tell the truth they look much more savoury than the farangs in the queue.

Why are students Hi So? It's a very insulting word, meaning someone who pretends to be high-class when they are not. Such people are loathed by everybody in Thailand.

You just HAVE to grin at this post.  My advice, look the worst you can possibly perform; Thai's love disgusting clothes and don't shower for  few days before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The way I see it is that the IO is at work and we enter their work space. I have not yet seen an IO at an office, on duty, wearing shorts, sandals etc. They make an effort to look presentable and analogous to doing business and we should be respectful in return. Casual open neck shirt and long trousers (for men) at least. We should not regard the IO as being there for our purposes, we go there to abide by their law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1