English teacher at international school in Bangkok arrested after organic marijuana farm raided

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, kmj said:

According to the news on channel 3 he is mixed race Thai and American 

why are people on this forum so obsessed with peoples race when they commit some crime? What difference does it make?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

5 ltrs of oil .! That's over a gallon .. Are they sure they've got that right as that's a huge amount of oil to press out .. And whilst they don't state the gas used to combine hashish out of it if he was using propane that can be extremely dangerous to work with in the proximity of the lamps as High pressure Sodium or Metal Halide lamps produce terrific amounts of heat particularly in closed area's .. And why make hash out of it when dried and correctly manicured green or bud fetches a higher price than hash and is less work to produce .. 

Hash has a certain je ne sais quoi, but it is a distinctly unique smoking experience, particularly hash oil, which bud does not.

16 hours ago, BestB said:

It’s been said millions of times but why do people put themselves in such a position in a country where any kind of drugs puts you behind bars for a long time.

be it in uk or au or alike, most likely a huge fine or no more than 12 months in jail where as here, looking at 3-5 years at least 

16 hours ago, hangdonger said:

that's the end of his teaching career in Thailand.

Yet graft and corruption abound. And here's a little tid bit for thought...are they NOT approving marijuana use? <deleted>? Yet all of the other "things"- traffic deaths...supposed covering up of prostitution...graft. need I go on? I really feel sorry for Thai natives. They are the ones who  must try to explain the idiotic decisions of the Thai gov't. Whether they care or not, these "decisions" make Thailand look like a 3rd world country, so ignore all of the money, hotels and restaurants- you're still a 3rd world country....sorry:)

Wonderful, I feel safer already. The Thai's never cease to amaze me.  I'm guessing some high up is afraid of losing money or afraid of having to meet a standard.  The THING about marijuana is that the money has to flow UP like the smoke.

27 minutes ago, ReMarKable said:

Hash has a certain je ne sais quoi, but it is a distinctly unique smoking experience, particularly hash oil, which bud does not.

Indeed Sir .. it is possible to obtain some oil when the plant is approaching harvest time ( 4 or 5 days prior ) by wrapping a cig' paper around a flowers or bud' and gently squeezing the bud , pure oil is then secreted on to the paper .. After allowing the paper to dry ( impossible to roll when wet ) you may then roll as normal with you're chosen filling and toot accordingly .. Again my mate Dave has shared his knowledge of this practice with me .. :smile:

17 hours ago, observer90210 said:

another pesky individual, stealing jobs that are reserved only for thai cops !!

I am sorry to know about this man's activities. 

I condemn the journalist who is trying to defame our profession. Teaching is a very responsible and respectable profession and the criminal should be reported with his name, gender, nationality etc but not with profession.

Hope everyone will care.

Ashfaq 

Educationist, from Karachi, Pakistan 

2 minutes ago, Ashfaq said:

I am sorry to know about this man's activities. 

I condemn the journalist who is trying to defame our profession. Teaching is a very responsible and respectable profession and the criminal should be reported with his name, gender, nationality etc but not with profession.

Hope everyone will care.

Ashfaq 

Educationist, from Karachi, Pakistan 

That's a spiffing moniker there: Faq, Ash!

10 minutes ago, Ashfaq said:

I condemn the journalist who is trying to defame our profession.

Indeed Ash excellent point that .. My mate Dave will be hopping mad that his chosen profession has been sullied by association in this way .. :shock1:

17 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

5 ltrs of oil .! That's over a gallon .. Are they sure they've got that right as that's a huge amount of oil to press out .. And whilst they don't state the gas used to combine hashish out of it if he was using propane that can be extremely dangerous to work with in the proximity of the lamps as High pressure Sodium or Metal Halide lamps produce terrific amounts of heat particularly in closed area's .. And why make hash out of it when dried and correctly manicured green or bud fetches a higher price than hash and is less work to produce .. 

Wow aren't you a real inestein 

21 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Wow aren't you a real inestein 

Please forgive me, but so many people here misspell whatever. "Einstein" is the proper spelling. I always wonder - with all nationalities as to the English ability of posters, but at the same time I also wonder "why" people are forced to study English unless it is either mandatory or whether it will benefit their status in life. To assume that non-English speaking countries "should" automatically be under pressure to learn English is preposterous.

Singapore yes....the British were there to convey the language. But thos who think that the average Thai native should know English is not only unrealistic, but quite frankly ignores those provinces where English is a distant thought....and that's the reality.

18 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I had thought from the headline it was an English person being arrested rather than an English teacher, whose nationality still remains a mystery. He definitely had some balls though, running this operation just round the corner from Narcotics Suppression HQ, and got away with it for 2-3 years apparently.

Illegal and corrupt activities are often closer than "round the corner". 

20 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

If he is a teacher in an International School he should be on an expat salary which is sufficient to live on. No need to be dealing drugs. But I suspect they mean.....english teacher. 

Maybe it’s not just about the money.

He may just be servicing the needs of other like minded people or he might feel that he has a right to defy the corrupt war on Marijuana.

After all, when Gandhi embarked on his ‘Salt March’ it was as a protest and he was not desperate for some salt for his fish & chips.

21 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The raided building is located only 400 meters from the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) headquarters. 

He have some balls this man 

But stupid to sell or take narcotics in Thailand 

But at least he only sell class 5 drugs 

1 hour ago, TMNH said:

Please forgive me, but so many people here misspell whatever. "Einstein" is the proper spelling. I always wonder - with all nationalities as to the English ability of posters, but at the same time I also wonder "why" people are forced to study English unless it is either mandatory or whether it will benefit their status in life. To assume that non-English speaking countries "should" automatically be under pressure to learn English is preposterous.

Singapore yes....the British were there to convey the language. But thos who think that the average Thai native should know English is not only unrealistic, but quite frankly ignores those provinces where English is a distant thought....and that's the reality.

Understand- yes. Reality is otherwise and it is not a demanded state of mind for those to adopt English when it's not a positive advantage. In other words, I do not insist that a foreign country  do anything. "If" learning English might  lend to an advantage, then so much for those who partake.  Others? Those who have no need to learn English? Then understand  that certain people do not only need to learn English , but there is a native tendency to maintain natural whatever. A tag with "This country speaks Thai....some may speak English, but do not expect it. Again....expecting Thai citizens to learn English is rather unrealistic...for what advantageous purpose?

Unless a business where Thai/ English is critical, then why would a Thai native need to learn English? My friend in Phuket works for a French company. Once again- a foreign owner who has no clue how to treat native Thais. And I despise those owners who take advantage of Thais. Somehow, they seem that because they can gain a business license, they can abuse employees. Nope. I  studied employment law and other legal aspects. "If" I entered these businesses, I would bet that many would be in violation.

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

Maybe it’s not just about the money.

He may just be servicing the needs of other like minded people or he might feel that he has a right to defy the corrupt war on Marijuana.

After all, when Gandhi embarked on his ‘Salt March’ it was as a protest and he was not desperate for some salt for his fish & chips.

Reality demonstrates otherwise. Every man or woman is under the supervises of s a former equitably

8 hours ago, 1337markus said:

I agree with you the reporting is pathetic.

Police extended the arrests of members of a marijuana-dealing gang last July to identify and locate Joseph Sodsaikij, an English language teacher at an international school. Sodsaikij's alleged operation has been up and running for two to three years, Chalermkiat said 

The name looks more Polish but that woudnt grab peoples attention whereas English speaking person does.

Guy is Thai-American as people said already but you are definitely not Polish 

Archived