Hi Folks

tracman

Hello, to all who read this. We recently purchased some property a little west of Chaing Rai, and will be building our home in a year or two. Interesting way to purchase land around here. My wifes' very good friend's husband is from Chaing Rai , so He came all the way to Chaing Rai from BKK to help, we get to stay with them and they network to find us the property we are looking for. Then they and another Thia friend (Tun) she would scare any any lawyer wordwide) negotiate a price with the owner untill they are convinced it is a good deal, These are very special people, honestly I am embarressed to be farang. I can't imagine anyone I know doing this for us in the states.

Anyway, we will be moving to Chaing Rai in a year or two and I just wanted to say Hi. I have been working in Iraq for 3 years supporting British, Australian, and American troops there. I am American and My wife is Thai. And she gave up a very good government position so I could be cooler :o

We are good people, I know how to drink beer and know how to pay for it sometimes :D . My wife doesn't drink and is a good Buddhist girl.

Anyway we are looking for future friends in the area, and welcome any response.

Mark and Pook

Hello, to all who read this. We recently purchased some property a little west of Chaing Rai, and will be building our home in a year or two. Interesting way to purchase land around here. My wifes' very good friend's husband is from Chaing Rai , so He came all the way to Chaing Rai from BKK to help, we get to stay with them and they network to find us the property we are looking for. Then they and another Thia friend (Tun) she would scare any any lawyer wordwide) negotiate a price with the owner untill they are convinced it is a good deal, These are very special people, honestly I am embarressed to be farang. I can't imagine anyone I know doing this for us in the states.

Anyway, we will be moving to Chaing Rai in a year or two and I just wanted to say Hi. I have been working in Iraq for 3 years supporting British, Australian, and American troops there. I am American and My wife is Thai. And she gave up a very good government position so I could be cooler :o

We are good people, I know how to drink beer and know how to pay for it sometimes :D . My wife doesn't drink and is a good Buddhist girl.

Mark and Pook

Hi Mark,

welcome to the best spot in Thailand. Plenty of Farangs around the town, expats and tourists and you should have no trouble finding a drinking companion.

I'm 20kms south of Chiang Rai and don't go into town much but I wish you and your wife all the best in your new home.

And she gave up a very good government position so I could be cooler :D

Mark and Pook

Don't understand your "she gave up gov gob so you cooler, but welcome in, when you come. :o

Mark and Pook

Anyway, we will be moving to Chaing Rai in a year or two and I just wanted to say Hi. I have been working in Iraq for 3 years supporting British, Australian, and American troops there. I am American and My wife is Thai. And she gave up a very good government position so I could be cooler :D

Mark and Pook

I am new to this chat site type of thing so don't know if this is how to get a reply to someone about their posting or not.

Think you made a good choice in CR. Lots of good people and places to visit. Riding my motorbike west of town is always a treat. Welcome to town.

I am working in Iraq also and am currently building a house east and north of CR. Should be ready in a week or so, I am coming in for some vacation time on the 6th.

Mark and Pook

I am pretty far away, but want to say a nice hallo to you :-)