BANGKOK 24 January 2019 12:11
bkk6060

Update: New Thai immigration rules for income!

It will still be allowed. 
I hope so but I'm confused. Lets say your dollar income is 1500 usd monthly. So you transfer that in monthly and the baht amount will be different each time. So what they do? Add up 12 unique baht transfers and then that would be the basis to figure the needed Thai bank account balance?
Or something else?
Would they require the baht amount to be the same each time?
What if you had a glitch and missed a month so next month you transfer in two months?
It seems to me that people will be taking risk using that method compared to the money in the bank method if immigration as they tend to do lacks flexibility.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

That certainly sounds optimistic, if those are the requirements. They appear to understand that the situation they have created is untenable without some compromise.

I don't see any compromise there... What kind are you seeing?

If true, monthly income will only be 12 monthly deposits into a Thai bank account and nothing else.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I hope so but I'm confused. Lets say your dollar income is 1500 usd monthly. So you transfer that in monthly and the baht amount will be different each time. So what they do? Add up 12 unique baht transfers and then that would be the basis to figure the needed Thai bank account balance?
Or something else?
Would they require the baht amount to be the same each time?
What if you had a glitch and missed a month so next month you transfer in two months?
It seems to me that people will be taking risk using that method compared to the money in the bank method if immigration as they tend to do lacks flexibility.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It may and note I say 'May' either have to arrive as Thai baht (Your foreign bank does the conversion and sends baht) or you are going to have too make sure and send a fair bit over the top in order to cover the fluctuating T/T rate of Bangkok bank. Quite honestly, other than the funds arriving here as baht, it doesn't seem workable.

Edited by Lovethailandelite
  • Like 1