Update: New Thai immigration rules for income!

13 hours ago, 007 RED said:

I have asked for a copy of the memorandum which is in Thai and will post it as and when I get it.

I think that it is the document I posted in no. 343 page 23.

sorry I hadn't got to the post pointing tha out 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Looking through the comments and thinking ahead... So far I use the fixed deposit method - it is my insurance fund if and when needed. BUT once tapped, I'll be on the combo method. My concern is the bank fees for moving cash have led me to bring in cash every 2-3 months so as to minimize those fixed fees. A combo rule that allowed the annual baht brought into the country would not be a problem, it even brings more cash into Thailand since the overseas bank gets a smaller cut.

This is going to get polished into some policy form, hopefully long before I need to consider it personally, but I post this to support all those who will face the issue immediately in hopes that the official policy being drafted includes fair ways to deal with these multiple issues.

12 hours ago, Pib said:

Well, I expect this new letter will probably take a few days to generate since it's would require research on the bank's part since for example to get 12 month statement now the bank normally tells you to come back in a few days after ordering it.

I doubt that, as part of my last extension I had to provide a detailed bank statement confirmation of my bank book so making that over 1 year would be reasonably easy

11 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

You probably are right here.

I remember a KasikornBank employee telling me they had direct access only to your operations of the last 6 months.

Given that within a couple of minutes of reading your post I was able to get 12 detailed monthly statements from February 2018  emailed to me using the SCB banking app I think that may have changed.

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Trying to get anything out of a local Thai bank branch going back more than 6 months always seems to be a PAIN and/or near impossible, without them having to kick the issue off to the bank's HQ...

Maybe not now see above.

i am not going to post even redacted copies as there is too much personal information.

as it has been auto generated by the system it contains the warning under but it shows that the information is there and easily accessible.

This document is auto-generated by the system for the purpose of preliminary checking only. In parts of description/notes are the contents
or information received by the Bank from the applicant; therefore, the Bank does not guarantee the accuracy and completeness of such contents or information and it does not constitute any legal binding to the Bank in all respects. 

1 hour ago, smedly said:

so say someone transfers one yearly payment from outside Thailand  to a sterling account in Thailand (satisfies the "From home country") and then moves 65k baht a month from their sterling account to their Thai baht account - this in effect satisfies all requirements 

Might as well just use the 800k method. Can't see a practical difference.

33 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:
13 hours ago, 007 RED said:

I have asked for a copy of the memorandum which is in Thai and will post it as and when I get it.

I think that it is the document I posted in no. 343 page 23.

sorry I hadn't got to the post pointing tha out 

* The pictures of the Thai documents are there :

* A long good comment on (I think) same document, there :

10 hours ago, quandow said:

Good point! Couldn't I just transfer 65k from my Kasikorn account to my SCB account each month, pull it out in cash, put back in Kasikorn and repeat monthly?

No chance.

10 hours ago, MuuKondiao said:

It seems to me from reading the comments that i cannot just continue to receive my VA disability into my U.S. bank and (after I open a Thai bank account here) transfer it online myself into the Thai account.

Have I got that right?

And before getting a Thai bank acct. to request Uncle Sam to change the D.D. to, I have to have a permanent residence - which I cannot count on since getting a visa and extensions is not at all guaranteed.

Is that an accurate picture of the situation?

From every thing that has been translated from the documents posted, yes that will be 100% acceptable.