U.S. shutdown talks falter, Trump threatens emergency powers

rooster59

50 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It is really clear somebody could sneak into America and shoot people and the left would defend them. It would still be politically incorrect to say illegal immigrant. 

You really think a wall will stop them? What about the TSA and Home land security people who can't pay their mortgages?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Mike Pence glad you enjoy it.

I'd rather have Pence in the WH until 2020 than the man-child. What the last couple of years have clearly shown is that when you elect for president a person with the mentality of a particularly nasty and narcissistic 8 year old with a dim intellect the result ain't pretty.

And that deserves a big DUH.

55 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It is really clear somebody could sneak into America and shoot people and the left would defend them. It would still be politically incorrect to say illegal immigrant. 

Illegal entry for the purpose of killing some one is far less likely than a legitimate citizen doing so yet the latter action is defended by the "right" to  have weapons. The illegal entry is so often  based on escaping weapons. That is where their defence is.

12 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You really think a wall will stop them? What about the TSA and Home land security people who can't pay their mortgages?

It will make them easier to apprehend. People keep saying it takes just a ladder. Try putting a ladder on a 30 foot wall and then what? Jump the other side and break your ankle? Okay so after that you have alerted border patrol as there should be sensors on the wall. Now you will find yourself fenced into the USA.

Before it was easier to cross back and wait. Now you are forced to continue or give up. With in 50 miles with no water you will hope you are found before it is too late. i think many people are under estimating how hard it is especially if a fence keeps out potential support vehicles used by smugglers.

38 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Well the flip side of the coin would abandon iCE altogether. They don't think criminals come through the border. Nice way to change the narrative when it works out for your story.

Hyperbole and hogwash all rolled  into one.

Focus on this.

You are not going to get a wall.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hyperbole and hogwash all rolled  into one.

Focus on this.

You are not going to get a wall.

That is fine. I don't tend to actually get that angry about it despite the heated debates. Are you saying there aren't a lot of dems that advocate abolishing ICE?  

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

That is fine. I don't tend to actually get that angry about it despite the heated debates. Are you saying there aren't a lot of dems that advocate abolishing ICE?  

Start a news topic on abolishing ICE and we’ll discuss.

Oh you can’t.

I get it, your on a hiding for nothing over the wall so you want to discuss something else.

Sorry, not interested in playing your game.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Start a news topic on abolishing ICE and we’ll discuss.

Oh you can’t.

I get it, your on a hiding for nothing over the wall so you want to discuss something else.

Sorry, not interested in playing your game.

No I can't start a topic on it because this site publishes overwhelmingly subjects that involve Trump. It generates traffic through controversy. The movement to abolish ICE is relevant in this context. If you aren't interested in genuine discourse  don't reply to me. 

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Hmm ..... Interesting response to your original post (#20)

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

No it wouldn’t. (Although it might be inaccurate)....but.... it would still be illegal to deny him/her due process, which is the gripe behind the argument being supported by the “no wall” faction... a lack of due process as outlined by US law.

i hope this simple answer to your hypothetical, enhances your understanding of the situation.... and the opinions, right or wrong, of others. Respect the law, until you can change the law... simple really

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

It will make them easier to apprehend. People keep saying it takes just a ladder. Try putting a ladder on a 30 foot wall and then what? Jump the other side and break your ankle? Okay so after that you have alerted border patrol as there should be sensors on the wall. Now you will find yourself fenced into the USA.

Before it was easier to cross back and wait. Now you are forced to continue or give up. With in 50 miles with no water you will hope you are found before it is too late. i think many people are under estimating how hard it is especially if a fence keeps out potential support vehicles used by smugglers.

What about a tunnel? AND What about the TSA and Home land security people who can't pay their mortgages?

6 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

What about a tunnel? AND What about the TSA and Home land security people who can't pay their mortgages?

Very easy to solve. Pass a bill through the house with 5.7 billion and deliver it to the senate. Neither side is going to compromise now. 

7 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Trump is ensuring that he is the story of the day and not Nancy Pelosi. Reality tv president. (as opposed to a real president who actually governs)

Trump is the story of the day every single day. He got nationally syndicated  air time for nearly two hours today. CNN can't live with out him. Look at the news stories on social media you visit including this site and there is little doubt that Trump is the focal point.

Trump, he has you all stumped! 

the country can shut down, but he still will have the last card to play; that will ensure one and all will have to continue to look UP at him...

For he has Airforce One, and an unlimited number of air refuellers ready on the tarmacs to go... he never has to come down to earth, to face you off - if he doesn't want to

the funny thing is, that he wants to!

and twitter still works for him at 45000ft

As much as the wall is going to cost, if it is built using US labour and materials then it will create more jobs. Is this not a good thing? 

I don't personally think the wall should be built but he got voted in to power with the wall being one of the main points. Unless his supporters voice that they don't want the wall anymore then I guess this stalemate will continue.

3 minutes ago, alien365 said:

As much as the wall is going to cost, if it is built using US labour and materials then it will create more jobs. Is this not a good thing? 

I don't personally think the wall should be built but he got voted in to power with the wall being one of the main points. Unless his supporters voice that they don't want the wall anymore then I guess this stalemate will continue.

Trump said as much. A reporter got pissy about  it and said he described a concrete wall before. He explained steel slats are see through and thew border patrol requested that feature, After that he said that we have companies that make steel and can build it or provide steel.

stock symbol X might be a good  one to  buy.

If he really does this, there is a possibility that enough Republican leaders will join the democrats in calling for impeachment. He is showing many signs of being increasingly unhinged, and unstable. This might be the final straw. He would be a national security risk at that point, and would have to be removed from office. Pence would bring far more stability to the office. 

Always keep in mind one thing. This man is NOT a patriot. He got five deferments, when it came time to serve his nation, and he has admitted on camera that the bone spurs were a "temporary" thing, and they were minor. A doctor currying favor with the "family" gave him the letter, in exchange for favorable rent in one of their buildings. Does this sound like the definition of patriotism and nobility to you? Trump is a traitor to his nation. Lock him up. 

the pack of cards that had him let off being Drafted, was dealt by his powerful family

To not be Drafted, for whatever (medical etc etc) reason;

is a lot different than when someone is Drafted and does a runner

What were the Trump circumstances?

and  

was Donald Trump any different than a George Bush Draft Avoider?

or a Bill Clinton Draft Avoider?

oh hang on !  -  a pattern is emerging :whistling:

they don't make'em like they used to: 

JFK

LBJ

DwightDE

24 minutes ago, alien365 said:

but he got voted in to power with the wall being one of the main points.

And don't forget that he categorically stated that "Mexico will pay for the wall" so another broken promise/lie for which he is asking the US taxpayers to front up.........lying, clown-like imbecile.

34 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Yes the wall was one of his topics but he promised every one the Mexicans would pay!something seemed to have gone wrong.

The whole thing is really worrying.

Trump is ill. He suffers from frontotemporal dementia.

Some people with frontotemporal dementia are restless,  aggressive and easily irritable. Others retire, become dull and indifferent to friends and relatives, and find nothing to enjoy. Those affected often misjudge everyday situations. For example, they make inappropriate or embarrassing remarks that they would not have heard before. Some joke loudly about strangers in the bus, others start to steal. When addressed, people with Frontotemporal Dementia are baffled or outraged - their self-criticism has suffered severely. Other possible symptoms are cravings and "tics": many sufferers just repeat what they have heard like an echo.

Plus the whole thing combined with his personality shaped over time of his life:

addicted to being the center of attention all the time, prone to megalomania and billionaire's posture.

Unfit as president.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes the wall was one of his topics but he promised every one the Mexicans would pay!something seemed to have gone wrong.

it all goes way back to the Mexicans' ancestral DNA... the Spanish latino half - which is in common with Filinos

... they never re-pay their debts

just like, a Loan = a Gift

7 minutes ago, tifino said:

the pack of cards that had him let off being Drafted, was dealt by his powerful family

and  

JFK

LBJ

DwightDE

As a non American can I ask was Obama drafted? 

I feel drafting is archaic anyway. In a democracy you should have the right to choose. 

5 minutes ago, tifino said:

and  

JFK

LBJ

DwightDE

Actually, the nature of LBJ's service was pretty dubious.

https://www.nytimes.com/1964/09/21/archives/johnson-was-awarded-the-silver-star-for-flight-with-bomber-group-in.html

55 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Trump is the story of the day every single day. He got nationally syndicated  air time for nearly two hours today. CNN can't live with out him. Look at the news stories on social media you visit including this site and there is little doubt that Trump is the focal point.

You're right, absolutely right. First time that I can agree with one of your posts.

Trump is the "focal point". Just like the clown in a circus act.

Archived