France boosts surveillance to stem flow of migrants to Britain

rooster59

14 minutes ago, baboon said:

Mate, just try even getting on the waiting list in some places. But that is down to bad government, not immigrants.

No probs; I was merely correcting a deflection as you'll see by the edit. Anyone arriving via the appropriate channels & behaving themselves once they get there are more than welcome & I suspect others feel same.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, evadgib said:

As British citizens we'd have to settle for JSA for which we have paid, along with the one in your link. Brits needing housing too have to join the queue & that's without considering the additional probs associated with residency which you conveniently overlooked in this latest attempt to secure the moral high ground and which do not apply to queue jumpers.

Not only are you demonstrating your complete ignorance of the UK's asylum system; you are also demonstrating your ignorance of the benefits system for British citizens!

The UK is a civilised country; we do  our best not to let people starve on the streets; much as you and Hopkins may wish it were so.

7 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Yet they get free nhs treament,but us who have paid in for all our lives have to pay 150% of the cost when we get treatment,you think thats fair ? Better to be a bloody economic migrant

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

More ignorance.

If you are a British citizen who is returning to the UK to live then you are entitled to the full range of NHS services as if you had never left. Even if you've been away for 40 years and not paid a penny into the system during that time.

37 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So the video you posted is staged?

This confirms my suspicion that you'd lack sufficient character to ignore my posts despite threatening to the contrary and gaining my approval. Unfortunately I am unable to reciprocate as i'd miss the entertainment you so frequently provide ????

More ignorance.

If you are a British citizen who is returning to the UK to live then you are entitled to the full range of NHS services as if you had never left. Even if you've been away for 40 years and not paid a penny into the system during that time.
Dont knock yourself out your not all that ignorant.

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

This confirms my suspicion that you'd lack sufficient character to ignore my posts despite threatening to the contrary and gaining my approval. Unfortunately I am unable to reciprocate as i'd miss the entertainment you so frequently provide ????

Yet more proof that you don't like your views being challenged!

I actually said that I was not going to respond to your frequent childish insults.

Didn't you say you were putting me on your ignore list?

6 hours ago, ivor bigun said:
6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

More ignorance.

Dont knock yourself out your not all that ignorant.

On the subject of returning residents right to NHS treatment, no I'm not.

Neither are you, now.

Quick question: why doesn't Britain simply return all these illegal migrants to their point of origin- their home countries? Or failing that, at least to proper refugee camps in bordering lands where their claims can be properly and legally analyzed? Allowing them to enter the UK or returning them to Franceo only encourages them to try again.

I mean, by no legal definition are any of these people refugees or asylum seekers. At best they are economic migrants driven by the desire for a better life. Nothing wrong with that, but they need to go through proper legal channels just like anyone else would have to do. 

8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Yet more proof that you don't like your views being challenged!

I actually said that I was not going to respond to your frequent childish insults.

Didn't you say you were putting me on your ignore list?

- This thread attests to the contrary.

- Clearly explained in #36.

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Quick question: why doesn't Britain simply return all these illegal migrants to their point of origin- their home countries? Or failing that, at least to proper refugee camps in bordering lands where their claims can be properly and legally analyzed? Allowing them to enter the UK or returning them to Franceo only encourages them to try again.

I mean, by no legal definition are any of these people refugees or asylum seekers. At best they are economic migrants driven by the desire for a better life. Nothing wrong with that, but they need to go through proper legal channels just like anyone else would have to do. 

Economic sanctions on Iran cause economic migration. It's as simple as that.   

2 minutes ago, Opl said:

Economic sanctions on Iran cause economic migration. It's as simple as that.   

Agreed. But so what? Lots of poor people in the world. Iran's GDP is in the area of $6,000USD per capita. Not a lot, but not bad either. Not a starving place in the Ethiopia or Somalia mode. In any case, simple poverty does not qualify anyone as either a refugee or an asylum seeker. If it did, upwards of a billion Africans would have the right to move to Europe.

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Agreed. But so what? Lots of poor people in the world. Iran's GDP is in the area of $6,000USD per capita. Not a lot, but not bad either. Not a starving place in the Ethiopia or Somalia mode. In any case, simple poverty does not qualify anyone as either a refugee or an asylum seeker. If it did, upwards of a billion Africans would have the right to move to Europe.

So what? I'd say.. blame de causes not the conséquences ..( in this thead: the French.. for many posters).. if you just for information google "Afghan migrants Iran " you'll understand why some of them - not all- will finally try to make their way to Europe after trying to survive in their region of origine).  

14 minutes ago, Opl said:

So what? I'd say.. blame de causes not the conséquences ..( in this thead: the French.. for many posters).. if you just for information google "Afghan migrants Iran " you'll understand why some of them - not all- will finally try to make their way to Europe after trying to survive in their region of origine).  

I agree. So let's put the blame in the proper place- the actions of the dictatorship in Tehran and their insistence on developing nuclear weapons. 

Plus, don't forget that actual refugees and asylum seekers stop as soon as they are out of danger. They don't travel across continents in search of better deals in other countries. The purpose is for the seeker/refugee to be close to home so that they can return when conditions are better/safer. It isn't to become an economic migrant. 

14 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I agree. So let's put the blame in the proper place- the actions of the dictatorship in Tehran and their insistence on developing nuclear weapons. 

Plus, don't forget that actual refugees and asylum seekers stop as soon as they are out of danger. They don't travel across continents in search of better deals in other countries. The purpose is for the seeker/refugee to be close to home so that they can return when conditions are better/safer. It isn't to become an economic migrant. 

Let's put the blame on those ignorant enough to ignore the findings of inspectors that Iran was complying with the agreement.

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Let's put the blame on those ignorant enough to ignore the findings of inspectors that Iran was complying with the agreement.

Debatable, given the restrictions that the inspectors had to work under. However, in any case economic migration is not the same as seeking asylum or refugee status. That is not in dispute. 

10 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Debatable, given the restrictions that the inspectors had to work under. However, in any case economic migration is not the same as seeking asylum or refugee status. That is not in dispute. 

Not debatable. Even the Trump administration wants the inspections to continue:

Despite quashing Iran deal, US wants nuke site inspections to continue

Administration officials say oversight of nuclear facilities, derided by Trump as insufficient, must continue under IAEA

The White House wants intrusive inspections of Iran’s nuclear sites to continue despite President Donald Trump’s withdrawal from a landmark accord on Tehran’s atomic program, US officials have told AFP.

Days after the US president walked away from a three-year-old deal that mandated rigorous scrutiny of Iranian facilities, senior administration officials said monitoring should continue regardless.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/despite-quashing-iran-deal-us-wants-nuke-sites-inspections-to-continue/

France boosts security to stem the flow of illegal persons? Wow, they do it now about 10 years too late.

So many Brits died to save France (twice), and still they spit in the face of Brits.

Wave the white flag again France, because you have lost your country of Franks, you are now the country of Islam

6 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

France boosts security to stem the flow of illegal persons? Wow, they do it now about 10 years too late. 

So many Brits died to save France (twice), and still they spit in the face of Brits.

Wave the white flag again France, because you have lost your country of Franks, you are now the country of Islam

French bashing is not the answer to the problem.. since 2003 the border checking  to UK is on french soil, It would be easy to return it without conséquences. 

French people are stupid in many ways but not to the extent of deliberately sending the message to smugglers that French authorities enable illegal immigration to the UK and consequently increase the number of illegals that will finally remain in France despite their attempts.

France is not more the country of Islam than the UK is ( The UK is home to the largest Pakistani community in Europe) , we in France banned the burqa - just an example - but France opposed Iraq war with the conséquences that you know… so please make your case and focus on the right target 

9 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

Such a display of reflexive ignorance. In 2003 France and the UK signed the Treaty of Le Touquet which allowed for juxtaposed border controls in France. These controls were so ineffective that when illegal immigration into the rest of the EU was surging, it actually fell in the UK.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:05 AM, ivor bigun said:

I never was ,i was not talking about us as returning residents,you just assumed that,as you assume most things you post..

I see; and here was I thinking you were comparing like with like!

Sill of me, should have guessed you were, in fact, comparing chalk and cheese!!

Situations like this are our own doing, countries are being dragged back decades by the influx of people that will never coexist with the hosts.
Countries will become penniless trying to save people that do not want or need saving, just freeloading any system that allows them. These all came through a few safe refuge countries to want to enter Germany, UK and the likes of Sweden, why?..........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Situations like this are our own doing, countries are being dragged back decades by the influx of people that will never coexist with the hosts.
Countries will become penniless trying to save people that do not want or need saving, just freeloading any system that allows them. These all came through a few safe refuge countries to want to enter Germany, UK and the likes of Sweden, why?..........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Freebies

Archived