Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 06:47
rooster59

France boosts surveillance to stem flow of migrants to Britain

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, nauseus said:

Surveillance does not equate to arrest. I'm sure les grenouilles would be happy to see the Calais "jungle" gone asap.

Edited by bristolboy

8 hours ago, evadgib said:

As British citizens we'd have to settle for JSA for which we have paid, along with the one in your link. Brits needing housing too have to join the queue & that's without considering the additional probs associated with residency which you conveniently overlooked in this latest attempt to secure the moral high ground and which do not apply to queue jumpers.

Not only are you demonstrating your complete ignorance of the UK's asylum system; you are also demonstrating your ignorance of the benefits system for British citizens!

The UK is a civilised country; we do  our best not to let people starve on the streets; much as you and Hopkins may wish it were so.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, evadgib said:

Naive to assume anything about to board an international ferry wasn't locked & custom-sealed.

So the video you posted is staged?

7 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Yet they get free nhs treament,but us who have paid in for all our lives have to pay 150% of the cost when we get treatment,you think thats fair ? Better to be a bloody economic migrant

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

More ignorance.

If you are a British citizen who is returning to the UK to live then you are entitled to the full range of NHS services as if you had never left. Even if you've been away for 40 years and not paid a penny into the system during that time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So the video you posted is staged?

This confirms my suspicion that you'd lack sufficient character to ignore my posts despite threatening to the contrary and gaining my approval. Unfortunately I am unable to reciprocate as i'd miss the entertainment you so frequently provide 🤣

Edited by evadgib

More ignorance.

If you are a British citizen who is returning to the UK to live then you are entitled to the full range of NHS services as if you had never left. Even if you've been away for 40 years and not paid a penny into the system during that time.
Dont knock yourself out your not all that ignorant.

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

This confirms my suspicion that you'd lack sufficient character to ignore my posts despite threatening to the contrary and gaining my approval. Unfortunately I am unable to reciprocate as i'd miss the entertainment you so frequently provide 🤣

Yet more proof that you don't like your views being challenged!

I actually said that I was not going to respond to your frequent childish insults.

Didn't you say you were putting me on your ignore list?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ivor bigun said:
6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

More ignorance.

Dont knock yourself out your not all that ignorant.

On the subject of returning residents right to NHS treatment, no I'm not.

Neither are you, now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On the subject of returning residents right to NHS treatment, no I'm not.

Neither are you, now.
I never was ,i was not talking about us as returning residents,you just assumed that,as you assume most things you post..

• Like 2

Quick question: why doesn't Britain simply return all these illegal migrants to their point of origin- their home countries? Or failing that, at least to proper refugee camps in bordering lands where their claims can be properly and legally analyzed? Allowing them to enter the UK or returning them to Franceo only encourages them to try again.

I mean, by no legal definition are any of these people refugees or asylum seekers. At best they are economic migrants driven by the desire for a better life. Nothing wrong with that, but they need to go through proper legal channels just like anyone else would have to do. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Yet more proof that you don't like your views being challenged!

I actually said that I was not going to respond to your frequent childish insults.

Didn't you say you were putting me on your ignore list?

- This thread attests to the contrary.

- Clearly explained in #36.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Quick question: why doesn't Britain simply return all these illegal migrants to their point of origin- their home countries? Or failing that, at least to proper refugee camps in bordering lands where their claims can be properly and legally analyzed? Allowing them to enter the UK or returning them to Franceo only encourages them to try again.

I mean, by no legal definition are any of these people refugees or asylum seekers. At best they are economic migrants driven by the desire for a better life. Nothing wrong with that, but they need to go through proper legal channels just like anyone else would have to do. 

Economic sanctions on Iran cause economic migration. It's as simple as that.   

Edited by Opl
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Opl said:

Economic sanctions on Iran cause economic migration. It's as simple as that.   

Agreed. But so what? Lots of poor people in the world. Iran's GDP is in the area of $6,000USD per capita. Not a lot, but not bad either. Not a starving place in the Ethiopia or Somalia mode. In any case, simple poverty does not qualify anyone as either a refugee or an asylum seeker. If it did, upwards of a billion Africans would have the right to move to Europe.

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Agreed. But so what? Lots of poor people in the world. Iran's GDP is in the area of $6,000USD per capita. Not a lot, but not bad either. Not a starving place in the Ethiopia or Somalia mode. In any case, simple poverty does not qualify anyone as either a refugee or an asylum seeker. If it did, upwards of a billion Africans would have the right to move to Europe.

So what? I'd say.. blame de causes not the conséquences ..( in this thead: the French.. for many posters).. if you just for information google "Afghan migrants Iran " you'll understand why some of them - not all- will finally try to make their way to Europe after trying to survive in their region of origine).  

• Confused 1