Deportation: smartphone returned?

Just to wind up this thread and tie up loose ends:

1) I could see her at the check in counter for about 45 minutes before she was led through customs. Her passport was to be returned at the gate ( not kept by the crew).

2) No belongings were returned, no smartphone, no nothing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JackGats said:

1) I could see her at the check in counter for about 45 minutes before she was led through customs. Her passport was to be returned at the gate ( not kept by the crew).

Didn't you say it wasn't a Smartphone? 

25 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Seems like the Immigration Police have ripped off her phone...  Seems extremely harsh and odd that your friend would not get her personal belongings back... 

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a further epilogue to this never-ending story. My girl didn't reach home until yesterday, ie 2 weeks after leaving Thailand on a flight Bkk-Addis-Entebbe. She got lost in the stopover in Addis as I had feared as she was not at all well in her mind when I saw her off in Bkk. In fact she had got herself arrested in Thailand after she started losing her mind. She ran to Bkk airport one night though she had no entry stamp into Thailand. Detention did of course nothing to improve her mental health.

She must have been easy prey for police in Addis who stripped her of the 600 euros I had given her in Bangkok. At least they didn't keep her inside indefinitely and ended up putting her on a flight to Kampala. I hope she can get some neuroleptic medications in Kampala (and be checked for possible brain tumor). She complained about hearing voices in Thailand and I blame myself for not having the presence of mind to recognize at the time that hearing voices is a serious medical condition.

Edited by JackGats