BANGKOK
Weeboon Happiness Team

Build a new enclosure to let the baby elephants free of chain at night around their mum

d_58125932.jpg

There is already one enclosure where one of the baby is free of chain at night and can walk around his mother as he wishes.

We would like to build one or two more enclosure for the night to let the others babies free as well.

This has a cost that...Read More

You can donate and support Chi here:
https://www.weeboon.com/en/campaign/elephant

Why are these beautiful beasts Held in captivity in the first place?

It is not right to use them as a source of income that is thinly veiled as a 'refuge'.

Surely the correct thing to do would be to release them, that is where there better life begins.

• Like 1

I am not going to donate to what is clearly a business masquerading as a charity but the article was interesting as I never previously knew there was a Thai version of GoFundMe. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised.

I thought this was a retirement center for working elephants? I see you bought five adults, three of which died within months of you taking them.  I understand you take in aged and sick elephants in that are not cared for anymore now that they can't work, but have you also taken in babies or were they born in your sanctuary?

You need the money to make a fence to stop them getting into "the jungle above where they are not allowed to go", until then they "have to be chained".   You certainly have made your attraction sound like a wonderland for the elephants.

https://www.weeboon.com/en/campaign/build-a-new-enclosure-to-let-the-baby-elephants-free-of-chain-at-night-around-their-mum