SURVEY: What is the biggest problem facing us?

Scott

SURVEY: What is the biggest problem facing us?  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Climate change is the greatest threat.

If we don’t deal with it overpopulation and environmental damage will be solved by the fact the planet will not support human life. 

Climate change it's a hoax! The planet could handle 10 times as many people

Now corporations are ruling and will not let their costumers be killed 
because a living customer is worth more than dead .

So the leftist's screams about overpopulation will not meet with approval again !!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, allanos said:

Are the "oldies" then, sucking the world dry.  Don't they, or do they no longer, have anything to offer?  I would like other members of TVF to give their opinions and input.

We cannot avoid the fact that even the youth, today, will be old, one day.  And as a greater percentage of populations than ever before.  What then, is the solution to this conundrum?

Today's oldies are certainly sucking the world dry... that is because they are the first, and probably the last, enabled to retire on comfortable pensions... nice but unsustainable. 

The coming generations will not live longer, but shorter lives, that is if they live at all. 

Thanks to the global poisoning mentioned above, there is, among other things, an epidemic of cancers in the making, that will only get worse in the future. 

47 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Religion. All the issues of pollution, environmental degradation, overpopulation and climate change are fuelled by religion.

+1 , still amazes me the power of reading words related to unseen beings that have humans believing and donating their time and money to "religion" after 20+ centuries.  Mythologies that are not only accepted and followed by many,  but still influencing our political representatives and governments as well

8 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

So the leftist's screams about overpopulation will not meet with approval again !!!

Are you being sarcastic? Oh well to each his own, no middle ground here 555

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Religion. All the issues of pollution, environmental degradation, overpopulation and climate change are fuelled by religion.

So why not just call it extremeism? Thats the problem we face the mor populated this planet gets. Before it used to kill and control human growt, but now, it keeps us alive. Worst thing happend to humanity, is more people survive. 

Well, a good extreme thing, is, vaccine deniers. That will help speed up things again. 

26 minutes ago, RicUSA said:

Are you being sarcastic? Oh well to each his own, no middle ground here 555

1930 George Bernard Shaw lobbied for inventing humane gas
to reduce the population (world population then 2mld)
"because the world can not handle it and can not feed everyone"

so you are no visionary... nothing new here

Unquestionably, our biggest problem is our increasing inability to speak and listen to, not just truth, but obvious facts.

To say "men and women are biologically different" is now regarded a hate crime in some jurisdictions in Canada; to suggest publicly that Muslim terrorists are killing lots of people in Europe is taboo, and it's unlikely that anyone could stand on the campus of a US university and state "Donald Trump is the president of the United States" and get away with it.

We are, quite rapidly, losing our grip on reality in the West, even down at the level of 2+2 = 4. A recent academic paper states that mathematics is not just a logical enterprise, but  "(re)produce systems of dominance: be it patriarchy, heteronormativity, white supremacy, Eurocentrism, (neo-)colonialism, able-ism, classism, labor inequity, anthropocentrism, and/or others."

People in the West now get into trouble for stating the plain, unarguable truth. If this nonsense isn't stopped soon, then we really are in serious strife.

53 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

You’re wrong. 

It’s real and unless we, collectively as a species, pull our heads out of the ground we will face environmental and ecological catastrophe. 

It’s still not too late, but unless we act now our societies, and possibly our species, will not survive the consequences of our failure to act.  

Feminism will solve the overpopulation problem, it will take some time for the other 2 issues to be solved.

Another problem which haven't been mentioned is greed, probably some natural catastrophe will solve it.

8 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

1930 George Bernard Shaw lobbied for inventing humane gas
to reduce the population (world population then 2mld)
"because the world can not handle it and can not feed everyone"

so you are no visionary... nothing new here

He was right! 

It has been calculated that the optimum population, in order to preserve the Earth ecosystem, would be somewhere between 1 and 2 billion people. 

It is not because our insane civilization actually support more than 7 billion people that this is sustainable and without long term consequences. 

These 7 billion people certainly don't eat quality food and drink safe water... meanwhile the soils are exhausted, the rivers are running dry and the aquifers are depleted. 

To the planet, humans are what cancerous cells are to them... no less, no more... 

19 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

He was right! 

It has been calculated that the optimum population, in order to preserve the Earth ecosystem, would be somewhere between 1 and 2 billion people. 

It is not because our insane civilization actually support more than 7 billion people that this is sustainable and without long term consequences. 

These 7 billion people certainly don't eat quality food and drink safe water... meanwhile the soils are exhausted, the rivers are running dry and the aquifers are depleted. 

To the planet, humans are what cancerous cells are to them... no less, no more... 

I see that you live in issan ... so be careful what you wish for
maybe they'll reduce girls in issan first ?
and you will be reaching orgasm manually...again

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

For the Planet,

I'm torn between Asteroid strike and Zombie Apocalypse.

For me personally,

It's a toss up between death due to old age or the British Pound becoming worthless.

If I had an AR-15, a .338 Lapua Sniper Rifle for long-range Zombie plinking, a couple of side arms with serious stopping power, and an unlimited supply of ammunition - I'd personally cheer for the Zombie Apocalypse.  Hone your tactical firearm skills as you keep from having your brains eaten by the Zombie hordes.  As an unabashed fan of all thing George Romero, just saying.  :whistling:

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

Climate change is actually good for countries near the polar regions - their growing seasons are longer, and heating bills are lower.

Not to mention the new polar shipping routes.  Ahhh, England's age-old of dream of a Northwest Passage to the Orient finally coming to fruition although a little late for their Empire.  Sir John Franklin and Francis Crozier and crew must all be smiling from the Cold Great Beyond.

51 minutes ago, connda said:

If I had an AR-15, a .338 Lapua Sniper Rifle for long-range Zombie plinking, a couple of side arms with serious stopping power, and an unlimited supply of ammunition - I'd personally cheer for the Zombie Apocalypse.  Hone your tactical firearm skills as you keep from having your brains eaten by the Zombie hordes.  As an unabashed fan of all thing George Romero, just saying.  :whistling:

I bought a couple of swords, just in case ...... they don't need reloading.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
55 minutes ago, connda said:

I bought a couple of swords, just in case ...... they don't need reloading.

Ha Ha Ha , what a bunch of Maroons!  Everyone knows that Zombies eat brains. The more you think about this, the tastier your brain becomes.  I have systematically set up to destroy every one of my brain cells (a few more and I am done) No self respecting Zombie will have anything to do with me.

After you are all etten by the Zombies I will become their King. 

@GalaxyMan

Stupidity should be painful to the stupid, too.

I've been stupid in my life. One of the reasons I'm here.

Religion is a form of mass mental illness whereby people try to evade responsibility for their own thoughts/actions and blame someone/thing else.

Couldn't agree more. I've been in 4 long-term relationships.

01 Catholic

02 Muslim

03 Seven-day Adventist

04 Buddhist.

They all had their dodgy times while I mostly looked on in disbelief and sometimes anguish.

Religion is the real threat.

3 hours ago, allanos said:

It's an interesting comment.  Did you learn nothing from your elders, growing up, or did you know it all? 

Are the "oldies" then, sucking the world dry.  Don't they, or do they no longer, have anything to offer?  I would like other members of TVF to give their opinions and input.

We cannot avoid the fact that even the youth, today, will be old, one day.  And as a greater percentage of populations than ever before.  What then, is the solution to this conundrum?

Higher taxes and imposts to fund the elderly; euthanasia at a given age (or stage; like a diagnosis of terminal cancer, for example)?  Perhaps the biblical injunction (Old Testament) that man should live for 3 score years and 10 should become a universal law, after which he becomes Soylent Green (or Yellow), and which would go a long way to solving the 3 problems cited in the OP.

Thanks for that. At age 75, I should be taking a pill to shuffle off at your behest.

On the other hand, perhaps I have contributed more to advance knowledge than you have. On the basis of your post, I'd say that's highly probable.

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The truth is indeed sad Allenberg...

though not as sad as those who refuse to face it...

If you were not hypocritical you would start from yourself .

Kaczynski moved to a remote cabin without electricity or running water near Lincoln, Montana, where he lived as a recluse while learning survival skills in an attempt to become self-sufficient. "

Other "great" thinkers have done it a long time ago...so you can too.

Archived