SURVEY: What is the biggest problem facing us?

Scott

SURVEY: What is the biggest problem facing us?  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, rwill said:

Earths climate has always been changing.  Even before humans were here it changed.  Even if humans all just disappeared right now the climate would still change.

100%!

Yes, it even changed before Al Gore came along! ????

And it is interesting that some of the planets in our galaxy have been heating up in recent years, together with exhibiting other strange phenomena, and to the consternation of earth-bound cosmologists who don't know the reason why this is.

One reason it 'isn't", is that it is from the man-made sources we like to blame, like the burning of fossil fuels leading to CO2 emissions, etc.

MSM don't like to pick up on, and disseminate, facts like these, because it interferes with their agendas.  They prefer to blame it all on Donald Trump.

Who would we blame for ANYTHING, if Donald Trump wasn't around.  I shudder to think about it.

25 minutes ago, rwill said:

Earths climate has always been changing.  Even before humans were here it changed.  Even if humans all just disappeared right now the climate would still change.

People have always being killed by cars, so why don't you go jump in front of a speeding car? 

46 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

If you were not hypocritical you would start from yourself .

Kaczynski moved to a remote cabin without electricity or running water near Lincoln, Montana, where he lived as a recluse while learning survival skills in an attempt to become self-sufficient. "

Other "great" thinkers have done it a long time ago...so you can too.

I do my part and always have.

That said we all can do more.

However, that doesn’t mean I have to do such ridiculous things as go and live as a recluse, but if it was mandated that going without additional unnecessary items, luxuries and comforts was the cost of averting planetary ecocide then I would not complain or refuse.

While working as a VSO I did without running water for two years. True, in theory I had mains electricity but it was hit and miss as to whether it worked or not. My local colleagues relied on generators. 

It wasn’t always easy but it was more than doable. I know I could do it again. 

What this has to do with your incorrect assertion that climate change is a hoax though is a mystery. 

25 minutes ago, allanos said:

100%!

Yes, it even changed before Al Gore came along! ????

And it is interesting that some of the planets in our galaxy have been heating up in recent years, together with exhibiting other strange phenomena, and to the consternation of earth-bound cosmologists who don't know the reason why this is.

One reason it 'isn't", is that it is from the man-made sources we like to blame, like the burning of fossil fuels leading to CO2 emissions, etc.

MSM don't like to pick up on, and disseminate, facts like these, because it interferes with their agendas.  They prefer to blame it all on Donald Trump.

Who would we blame for ANYTHING, if Donald Trump wasn't around.  I shudder to think about it.

Yeah, those thousands of scientists and their million man-hours of research don't know what you do. 

Maybe you should found an educational institution. You know, like Trump University. 

19 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I know I could do it again

Talk is cheap..-I got lost somewhere in the jungle on a motorcycle near Ranong,

people live there in bamboo shacks, I can give you information on how to get there.

21 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

What this has to do with your incorrect assertion that climate change is a hoax though is a mystery. 

Because it is a hoax aimed at extracting money ,"scientists" earn great money

on it too. the climate warms up and cools down cyclically!
in my country 500 years ago could grow grapes and making wine
and then it got colder and it whose the end of vineyards and wine!

6 minutes ago, amexpat said:

If they are sponsored by the oil and coal industries.  Otherwise, not so much. 

of course...because only coal and oil companies have money
big politics is involved in it so there is no shortage of money

this is about the competitiveness of entire regions... so money

Al Gore has made a mountain of money on the back of his inconvenient "truth".  "Climate change" used to be called "global warming", but one inconvenient truth, for Al, was that it was shown that the world was not warming at all.  So there was a scramble to find new buzzwords, hence "climate change".  It is a highly debatable point if the climate is "changing" at all, or is it just cyclical in nature?  The doom and gloom alarmists latched on to the thinning ozone layer, caused by man-made cfc's.  They have gone very quiet now, because the ozone layer is closing over, with or without those same cfc's. Polar bears are not having to swim until they drown, because polar ice is not shrinking, but is naturally changing shape.  

Clearly, no one supports the idea that "man" must do harm to our planet; that would be utter stupidity.  But it seems that there should be a rethink on how we tackle the environmental issues.  And it is common cause that many of the "climate scientists", and "cosmologists" are all in it for a fast buck.

9 minutes ago, allanos said:

Al Gore has made a mountain of money on the back of his inconvenient "truth".  "Climate change" used to be called "global warming", but one inconvenient truth, for Al, was that it was shown that the world was not

Links to where you got the inf that Gore has made "mountains of money" from climate change would be appreciated, otherwise all you have is an uninformed opinion. also please show how he has shown that the world is not warming up.

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Links to where you got the inf that Gore has made "mountains of money" from climate change would be appreciated, otherwise all you have is an uninformed opinion. also please show how he has shown that the world is not warming up.

I would suggest, if you are more interested, that you apply yourself to doing your own research on any of the search engines, just as I have.

2 minutes ago, allanos said:

I would suggest, if you are more interested, that you apply yourself to doing your own research on any of the search engines, just as I have.

Everyone has an opinion not unlike the proverbial bodily orifice that  everyone has !

Until such time  that you can support your opinion with facts 

It remains just that, an unsupported opinion.

Nice try deflecting the question by suggesting that I go research the internet to verify your unsupported opinion.Only someone with such lame assertions will have such a lame excuse.

58 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

Talk is cheap..-I got lost somewhere in the jungle on a motorcycle near Ranong,

people live there in bamboo shacks, I can give you information on how to get there.

Because it is a hoax aimed at extracting money ,"scientists" earn great money

on it too. the climate warms up and cools down cyclically!
in my country 500 years ago could grow grapes and making wine
and then it got colder and it whose the end of vineyards and wine!

You use motorbikes? Deary me, I have never used private transport. Not an acceptable use of resources in my view. 

Bamboo shacks are fine in the jungle, but I do miss the mudcrete huts I used when staying with friends in Ghana. Kept you remarkably cool during the hottest weather. 

Climate change is real, and denying it will not help. The time to act is now before it’s too late. 

I often wonder why people (who aren't invested in fossil fuels) are in such denial, often vehemently. 

Is it because the conclusions are too ominous to think about?  Or maybe they're just afraid they might have to change in some way.

Anyway it looks like their view will prevail until it's much too late because the political will to react is lacking. 

American Imperializm is by far #1 on my list. It's expansionist policies started not long after it's domestic terrorist founders took over. Fortunately my family escaped north from their Durham County, Vermont home after arriving from Bedfordshire, England 150 years previous. I've seen timelines that show the USA has been in near continuous war since those times. Jimmy Carter's years as president the only exceptions. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_imperialism

A distant #2 would be man-made climate change. 

2 hours ago, pegman said:

American Imperializm is by far #1 on my list. It's expansionist policies started not long after it's domestic terrorist founders took over. Fortunately my family escaped north from their Durham County, Vermont home after arriving from Bedfordshire, England 150 years previous. I've seen timelines that show the USA has been in near continuous war since those times. Jimmy Carter's years as president the only exceptions. 

Well we are pulling out of Afghanistan and Syria. That should make you happy.

2 hours ago, pegman said:

If it was the 1800's you would have a point, but calling a country that does not keep the areas that it fights in "imperialist" seems ignorant to me. If Afghanistan, and Iraq become US territories at some time in the future I will change my opinion.

20 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Solve overpopulation and you go a long way towards addressing the other two.  (And that doesn't mean a mass cull, but a gradual reduction through better birth control and sterilisation - either voluntary or forced if absolutely necessary).

If overpopulation is really the number one problem then things such as war and famine should be considered good things and in fact should be encouraged. If forced sterilization sounds like a just and fair process, I am glad to not live in your world. 

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

The biggest problem facing us is worrying about things that we have zero control over.

We do have control. We have control over pollution, climate change, population control and nuclear weapons proliferation. The problem is that we, as a species, choose not to exercise control over these things.

8 minutes ago, Ahab said:

If overpopulation is really the number one problem then things such as war and famine should be considered good things and in fact should be encouraged. If forced sterilization sounds like a just and fair process, I am glad to not live in your world. 

War and famine have always been an effective means of population control.

Forced sterilisation is alive and well and living in Thailand. Doctors, in Thailand, offer sterilisation after giving birth to their third child. Not exactly forced but are put under pressure to agree, including being told blatant lies as to the health implications of not being sterilised.

17 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Reduce the population by about half and the other problems take care of themselves.

That is slowly being taken care of, even the Chinese don't want to breed despite the pleas of the government, life has become too expensive. Where in the world the population is still breed crazy, war, famine, aids, disease, climate change and natural disasters will keep the lid on population expansion. 

Archived