BANGKOK
mikehongpark

Married to Thai girl, found out she's cheating while USA green card/visa is in process

50 minutes ago, colinneil said:

How many times is this same story going to keep appearing here?

Same thing but written differently, same 30 friends with confirmed flights to Thailand.

No, it’s a different story today, the other day he wasn’t married yet, but today they married 11 months ago... 🙄

I’ll really miss my Johnny Walker. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

No, it’s a different story today, the other day he wasn’t married yet, but today they married 11 months ago... 🙄

I’ll really miss my Johnny Walker. 

I shortened the version for language help on the other topic, when I started the thread. If you see my responses on the other thread, I did clear up that I'm already married 11 months ago and having a 2nd wedding reception for my friends and family from USA. Take it as you will, but I'm just looking for advice before calling 30 friends. Need to fully think it through.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikehongpark said:

I shortened the version for language help on the other topic, when I started the thread. If you see my responses on the other thread, I did clear up that I'm already married 11 months ago and having a 2nd wedding reception for my friends and family from USA. Take it as you will, but I'm just looking for advice before calling 30 friends. Need to fully think it through.

I read from start to finish, I don’t recall how many pages, I didn’t see any mention of being already married.

i don’t understand what you think you are getting in here... ?

You asked your question in your original thread, got the forums wisdom (which we now know to be correct) and you still don’t know what to do ? 🙄

I also agree with a previous poster, next time get one that’s only 10 years younger than you.

1 minute ago, simon43 said:

Since you're legally married, according to Thai law

Is he ? I thought he says he just had a Thai wedding ceremony, no mention of registering the marriage at the Amphur.. Maybe I missed that bit though.

If not, just pack your bags and walk away, looking over your shoulder just to be safe 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Is he ? I thought he says he just had a Thai wedding ceremony, no mention of registering the marriage at the Amphur.. Maybe I missed that bit though.

If not, just pack your bags and walk away, looking over your shoulder just to be safe 🙂

The marriage ceremony/reception was all legally registered at the Amphur 2/23/2018, with no one from my side in attendance as it was a decision to get the green card paperwork started. The 2nd wedding reception for my USA friends and family is scheduled next month on 2/23/2019. Basically, I was having another reception (American style) for my USA side. 

Am confused - if you have been married 11 months and have not gotten her pregnant by now  ?! How is having another wedding ceremony going to expedite having a child?!?  When the kid is 16 and you are 62 - yes you will be a grandpa in some ways - just my opinion