Spotify with AIS

jimmyyy

I use AIS for Cell service and I received a SMS a while back adverting Spotify.  Costs about 150 baht a month, they tag in on my bill.  I love all the music.  All the western music and Thai music you could ever want with zero ads. I play it for hours at a time using my PC.  Spotify transfers what i am playing on my phone to my PC and then through the speakers.  Great sound quality.  Just thought i would share it with the group for all you music lovers out there.  I am not sure how it will work with pre paid, but post paid works great.  

5 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

All the western music and Thai music you could ever want with zero ads.

As best as you can tell, is the online library with a Spotify AIS subscription the same as it would be in the U.S.?

In the video world, of course, services like Netflix have different libraries/catalogs for different countries due to licensing rights.

But I've never been clear on whether or not those same kinds of issues arise with paid music subscriptions between, for example, Thailand and the U.S.

On 1/6/2019 at 8:27 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As best as you can tell, is the online library with a Spotify AIS subscription the same as it would be in the U.S.?

No, it isnt. Some artists/tracks/albums are certainly not available on Spotify in Thailand and so they are greyed out here. Move to another country and they become available again.
But the percentage of unavailable ones is very small and is unlikely to be much of an issue given the large number of available ones.

I pay my subscription directly as I see no point in paying more via my phone provider. And by paying directly I got my first year with a decent discount too. Now I just pay 129B/Month.

Archived