Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 06:47

Let's say someone is married to a Thai, and they are no longer able to make the yearly Non-O extension. 

Where can they get a new Multi Non-O based on marriage without having to show any type of income? 

How long will this visa be valid? 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, homemade514 said:

Ho chi minh city, vietnam, also gives the non-o M w/o proof of funds.

Nice. Couple days vacation there should be fun. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

Currently on a one year extension, and have monthly overseas income, but I'm screwed if they require the funds to be shown specifically as official "pension".

Only a few bad offices / IOs have been reported as using the wording this way - so far at least.  I applied at a nightmare desk, and even they didn't try that excuse (blocked me using impossible landlord-docs, instead).

Many who have actual "pensions" will be using 3rd parties to meet the new rules, since pensions do not always pay out monthly, and the new rules (appear to) require monthly deposits.  So, you'd only be shafted if they ask for "backup proof" of the income reflected in the monthly deposit history from your Thai bank, and you could not produce a pension letter. 

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i have never done an extension and just go home for a family trip every year for a new visa. I hav eno interest in bothering to travel around with worry. I find this simple. A little exp but book tickets early and so on makes it pretty cheap and simple...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

i have never done an extension and just go home for a family trip every year for a new visa. I hav eno interest in bothering to travel around with worry. I find this simple. A little exp but book tickets early and so on makes it pretty cheap and simple...

On what visa?

13 hours ago, lucky2008 said:

Nice. Couple days vacation there should be fun. 

OP, the poster suggesting Saigon is such a good idea. Great place to chill. Depending on your pp you may be visa exempt to Vietnam.

12 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Only a few bad offices / IOs have been reported as using the wording this way - so far at least.  I applied at a nightmare desk, and even they didn't try that excuse (blocked me using impossible landlord-docs, instead).

Heh, asking for impossible docs.  Seen that trick before in the past, lucky I don't live there anymore, but my friends there still tell me stories about their latest trip to that IO.  Off-topic, but what do you think are some of the reasons that some offices just become total nightmares?