New Non-O without funds

2 hours ago, arthurboy said:

Thank you for your replies, overherebc and ubonjoe

I didn't realise I could get a 60 day extension on my current extension, and therefore not have to leave Thailand (for now). Again, sorry to be a pain, but what are the document requirements and procedure for this? Would they want proof of financial status for a 60 day extension?

I'm currently in BKK so would visit IMM at Chaengwattana.

Thank you.

This is the stamp you get.

It starts at the end of the 90 days, not on the day you apply so you don't lose any days. I do mine about a week early each time.

If you're unsure print this and show them, but they should know.????

2019-01-09 10.15.04.jpg

Edited by overherebc
  • Thanks 1

I think I might have a new three year travel plan!  Laos, Ho Chi Min and Saigon.  Presumably you go along to the Consulates with your Passport (plus photo copies), fill in the application form and submit it for a new non-O Visa.  Do you need to produce copy of Marriage Certificate and House Book if married to a Thai Lady?  Would be interested to hear from anyone who does this in June, July or August, to make sure the Consulates do not change the rules to come in to line with Thailand Immigration Rules.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:15 PM, BritTim said:

. In many cases, you could discreetly "tip" the official yourself to avoid the imposed hassles, but westerners rarely know how to do this.

That's because, in the west, attempting to bribe an official puts you on the fast-track to jail. Someone ought to publish something on how to "properly" bribe an official. Brown envelope or pink with hand-drawn hearts?? ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

That's because, in the west, attempting to bribe an official puts you on the fast-track to jail. Someone ought to publish something on how to "properly" bribe an official. Brown envelope or pink with hand-drawn hearts?? ????

Well, I think his original comment left it a bit ambiguous as to what he meant by "discreetly" tipping an official.  Still unsure whether he was implying the use of an agent by this or if he meant some other little-known secret procedure that he and a few others are the guardians of. 

On the one hand, I chuckle a little about his "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" silence, on the other hand I can understand the reticence.  Especially nowadays.

Also, it seems to me you'd need to be a freakin' magician to discreetly tip just one individual in any office smaller than Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Korat, Pattaya, etc.

32 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Does Saigon also work for multiple Non-O based on retirement, not marriage?  I can show 800k in a Thai Bank if required.  Saigon would be easier than Laos.

have a look on their website, I wrote to them yesterday asking if everything was up to date on the site and they responded saying 'yes'.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/7440/86302-Non-Immirant-O-A-(Long-Stay)-|-Thị-thực-cư-trú-lâu.html

On 1/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, KhunFred said:

If you want to stay here, be prepared to use the official "bribery channel" known as "visa services".  There are some really good deals out there now. More services than ever before, competing with lower prices. The deck is stacked against you unless you play ball the Thai way. It's tricky now, but it CAN be done.

Not where I live in Phitsanulok. Abide by the rules and all is fine.

9 minutes ago, homemade514 said:

have a look on their website, I wrote to them yesterday asking if everything was up to date on the site and they responded saying 'yes'.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/7440/86302-Non-Immirant-O-A-(Long-Stay)-|-Thị-thực-cư-trú-lâu.html

The question was about non immigrant O multi entry visa - highly doubt he is eligible for O-A visa.

1.4 Having the nationality of or Vietnamese permanent resident status in the country where applicant’s application is submitted.

25 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The question was about non immigrant O multi entry visa - highly doubt he is eligible for O-A visa.

You are right Lopburi.  I need a Non-O.  So it looks like Savannakhet for me

6 hours ago, robertson468 said:

I think I might have a new three year travel plan!  Laos, Ho Chi Min and Saigon.  Presumably you go along to the Consulates with your Passport (plus photo copies), fill in the application form and submit it for a new non-O Visa.  Do you need to produce copy of Marriage Certificate and House Book if married to a Thai Lady? 

Non-O based on marriage - yes - and 1-Year Multiple Entry if the Laos choice is Savannakhet (single-entry only in Vientiane). 

Must have original of marriage-cert (flowery one) to show, plus a copy, signed by your wife.  Plus copies of the wife's ID Card (front and back on one sheet) and her house-book, both copies signed by her.  

Note that in the Vietnamese consulates, you also need a letter from your wife requesting the extension.

I brought a Kor Ror 2 also, but this has not been reported as required.

Edited by JackThompson

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Non-O based on marriage - yes - and 1-Year Multiple Entry if the Laos choice is Savannakhet (single-entry only in Vientiane). 

Must have original of marriage-cert (flowery one) to show, plus a copy, signed by your wife.  Plus copies of the wife's ID Card (front and back on one sheet) and her house-book, both copies signed by her.  

Note that in the Vietnamese consulates, you also need a letter from your wife requesting the extension.

Many thanks for the info Jack.  Happy New Year by the way!

On 1/6/2019 at 8:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can get one at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. A multiple entry non-o visa is valid one year and allows unlimited 90 day entries up to the date it expires. 

That's interesting, would you know the reason why when  applying in Thailand you have to show the income as opposed to not having to show income if applying outside of Thailand

Regards

TB

38 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

That's interesting, would you know the reason why when  applying in Thailand you have to show the income as opposed to not having to show income if applying outside of Thailand

Because the two are not the same thing and are not issued by the same authority. 

You apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. You apply for a non-o visa that is issued by an embassy or consulate that is under the MFA.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 8:00 AM, JAG said:

For goodness sake - just read the forum you have just posted on. You will have your answer in 10 minutes.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed l, not everyone is comfortable search this site. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get one in Penang but you have to prove you are retired.

I have letter from the Australian Government granting me the Pension.  Is this enough with the proof of showing a Thai bank account that I have the necessary 800k baht in a Thai Bank?

I guess the other normal documents are required; application forms, photos, copies of PP etc.

I'm sorry for continuing the ask Q's however I need to get this right to avoid a wasted trip to Penang.  I am not keen on taking a bus to Savannakhet for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, lujanit said:

I am not keen on taking a bus to Savannakhet for obvious reasons.

That throws me - what are these obvious reasons that escape me?  Bus travel in general?  With the amount of bus travel done in Thailand would not consider the chance of harm to be very high.  Most traffic deaths are two wheel events.  There are 2 airports that can be used if that is the case.  If using Penang you can either fly to island or to Hat Yai and bus/share taxi from there,

2 hours ago, lujanit said:

I have letter from the Australian Government granting me the Pension.  Is this enough with the proof of showing a Thai bank account that I have the necessary 800k baht in a Thai Bank?

Why do you want a multiple entry non-o visa instead of applying for a one year extension at immigration? Easier than making a trip to an embassy or consulate for a visa.

The letter may be enough but they may want something from the Australian embassy. You could do a statutory declaration stating you are retired or certifying the that the letter is true correct.

Savannakhet asks for the same proof.

On 1/6/2019 at 8:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can get one at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. A multiple entry non-o visa is valid one year and allows unlimited 90 day entries up to the date it expires. 

Sorry if I've missed something here, but I can't find anything to say whether this is something one can repeat easily, and if so, whether there's a limit to how many times one can do this. 

I would definitely return to UK for a couple of months in between one Multiple Entry One Year Non-O and applying at Savannaket for another, so there'd be a break.

Nevertheless not sure if this type of visa at Savannakhet can be obtained repeatedly without questions asked - having all the required documents in place of course.

(Bearing in mind that even too many SETVs can in some circumstances be frowned upon, or worse.) 

Advice on the possibility of repeating the Non-O at Savannakhet (or HCMC) really appreciated.

How do you get new 90 day stamps on the visa, border runs I take it? I did this for a year by making cheap trips to SIN, but it got a tad boring in the end, so I went for an extension based on retirement.  I may now re evaluate that approach in the light of the new requirements. 

Many choices in Southeast Asia like Vietnam Japan, or Asia like Nepal
A

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 minutes ago, raysunshineray said:

Advice on the possibility of repeating the Non-O at Savannakhet (or HCMC) really appreciated.

Their are members on this forum that have been getting them every year for several years already. I have never heard of one being denied for doing them back to back.

• Like 1

Sorry if I've missed something here, but I can't find anything to say whether this is something one can repeat easily, and if so, whether there's a limit to how many times one can do this. 
I would definitely return to UK for a couple of months in between one Multiple Entry One Year Non-O and applying at Savannaket for another, so there'd be a break.
Nevertheless not sure if this type of visa at Savannakhet can be obtained repeatedly without questions asked - having all the required documents in place of course.
(Bearing in mind that even too many SETVs can in some circumstances be frowned upon, or worse.) 

Never had any problems. Now 5 in a row

Advantage: no pain in the ass from immigration. Reports, home visit. Pics

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

ubonjoe

Joe, I now am going to Savannakhet to apply for a multiple entry because my circumstances have changed.

I have both forms for the Visa Application for the Thai Consulate and for my Laos Visa On Arrival and see that I have to provide details of 1) a Laos based guarantor for the Thai consulate and 2) Laos based contact person for the visa on entry.

As I don't know anyone in Laos, what do I do about this?

Can I also use my wife's name as guarantor in Thailand for the consulate visa application?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by arthurboy