Jump to content
Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 07:37

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, arthurboy said:

Thank you for your replies, overherebc and ubonjoe

 

I didn't realise I could get a 60 day extension on my current extension, and therefore not have to leave Thailand (for now). Again, sorry to be a pain, but what are the document requirements and procedure for this? Would they want proof of financial status for a 60 day extension?

 

I'm currently in BKK so would visit IMM at Chaengwattana.

 

Thank you.

 

 

This is the stamp you get.

It starts at the end of the 90 days, not on the day you apply so you don't lose any days. I do mine about a week early each time.

If you're unsure print this and show them, but they should know.😆

 

2019-01-09 10.15.04.jpg

Edited by overherebc
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I might have a new three year travel plan!  Laos, Ho Chi Min and Saigon.  Presumably you go along to the Consulates with your Passport (plus photo copies), fill in the application form and submit it for a new non-O Visa.  Do you need to produce copy of Marriage Certificate and House Book if married to a Thai Lady?  Would be interested to hear from anyone who does this in June, July or August, to make sure the Consulates do not change the rules to come in to line with Thailand Immigration Rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 1:15 PM, BritTim said:

. In many cases, you could discreetly "tip" the official yourself to avoid the imposed hassles, but westerners rarely know how to do this.

That's because, in the west, attempting to bribe an official puts you on the fast-track to jail. Someone ought to publish something on how to "properly" bribe an official. Brown envelope or pink with hand-drawn hearts?? 😋

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Saigon also work for multiple Non-O based on retirement, not marriage?  I can show 800k in a Thai Bank if required.  Saigon would be easier than Laos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

That's because, in the west, attempting to bribe an official puts you on the fast-track to jail. Someone ought to publish something on how to "properly" bribe an official. Brown envelope or pink with hand-drawn hearts?? 😋

Well, I think his original comment left it a bit ambiguous as to what he meant by "discreetly" tipping an official.  Still unsure whether he was implying the use of an agent by this or if he meant some other little-known secret procedure that he and a few others are the guardians of. 

 

On the one hand, I chuckle a little about his "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" silence, on the other hand I can understand the reticence.  Especially nowadays.

 

Also, it seems to me you'd need to be a freakin' magician to discreetly tip just one individual in any office smaller than Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Korat, Pattaya, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Does Saigon also work for multiple Non-O based on retirement, not marriage?  I can show 800k in a Thai Bank if required.  Saigon would be easier than Laos.

have a look on their website, I wrote to them yesterday asking if everything was up to date on the site and they responded saying 'yes'.

 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/7440/86302-Non-Immirant-O-A-(Long-Stay)-|-Thị-thực-cư-trú-lâu.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, KhunFred said:

If you want to stay here, be prepared to use the official "bribery channel" known as "visa services".  There are some really good deals out there now. More services than ever before, competing with lower prices. The deck is stacked against you unless you play ball the Thai way. It's tricky now, but it CAN be done.

Not where I live in Phitsanulok. Abide by the rules and all is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, homemade514 said:

have a look on their website, I wrote to them yesterday asking if everything was up to date on the site and they responded saying 'yes'.

 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/7440/86302-Non-Immirant-O-A-(Long-Stay)-|-Thị-thực-cư-trú-lâu.html

The question was about non immigrant O multi entry visa - highly doubt he is eligible for O-A visa.

Quote

1.4 Having the nationality of or Vietnamese permanent resident status in the country where applicant’s application is submitted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The question was about non immigrant O multi entry visa - highly doubt he is eligible for O-A visa.

 

You are right Lopburi.  I need a Non-O.  So it looks like Savannakhet for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lujanit said:

Does Saigon also work for multiple Non-O based on retirement, not marriage?

You can get one in Penang but you have to prove you are retired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, lujanit said:

You are right Lopburi.  I need a Non-O.  So it looks like Savannakhet for me

correct, sorry. sav and HCMC will give the non-o M based on marriage without funds only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, robertson468 said:

I think I might have a new three year travel plan!  Laos, Ho Chi Min and Saigon.  Presumably you go along to the Consulates with your Passport (plus photo copies), fill in the application form and submit it for a new non-O Visa.  Do you need to produce copy of Marriage Certificate and House Book if married to a Thai Lady? 

Non-O based on marriage - yes - and 1-Year Multiple Entry if the Laos choice is Savannakhet (single-entry only in Vientiane). 


Must have original of marriage-cert (flowery one) to show, plus a copy, signed by your wife.  Plus copies of the wife's ID Card (front and back on one sheet) and her house-book, both copies signed by her.  

 

Note that in the Vietnamese consulates, you also need a letter from your wife requesting the extension.

 

I brought a Kor Ror 2 also, but this has not been reported as required.

Edited by JackThompson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Non-O based on marriage - yes - and 1-Year Multiple Entry if the Laos choice is Savannakhet (single-entry only in Vientiane). 


Must have original of marriage-cert (flowery one) to show, plus a copy, signed by your wife.  Plus copies of the wife's ID Card (front and back on one sheet) and her house-book, both copies signed by her.  

 

Note that in the Vietnamese consulates, you also need a letter from your wife requesting the extension.

 

I brought a Kor Ror 2 also, but this has not been reported as required.

Many thanks for the info Jack.  Happy New Year by the way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 8:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can get one at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. A multiple entry non-o visa is valid one year and allows unlimited 90 day entries up to the date it expires. 

That's interesting, would you know the reason why when  applying in Thailand you have to show the income as opposed to not having to show income if applying outside of Thailand

Regards

TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

That's interesting, would you know the reason why when  applying in Thailand you have to show the income as opposed to not having to show income if applying outside of Thailand

Because the two are not the same thing and are not issued by the same authority. 

You apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. You apply for a non-o visa that is issued by an embassy or consulate that is under the MFA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×