Jump to content
New Hosting Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 19:08
SimpleMan555

Online Electrical Supply House

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have a recommendation or two for a reliable online electrical supply house for residential type electrical supplies based in Thailand? It would be best if they have an 'English' option and an online payment system.

Looking to purchase residential electrical supplies that the local Global House and other Box stores do not stock.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean by residential electrical supplies (that global house......)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lazada is the only large internet web site with much English.  Aliexpress from China will have some electric supplies of various countries, as will Ebay.  Even the big box sources here have limited items and you say they do not have what you want.  HomePro is not even active as changing software.  Most people do not buy much electric supply items directly but have electricians buy for them from local sources which have no net presence.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use RS a lot. Incidentally they're also the manufacturers of the Raspberry Pi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much depends on what you actually want.

 

We have a local specialist electrical place that has stuff like relays, contactors and the like as well as cable and the usual stuff. I'm sure there's a similar place in your area.

 

Online, very little in Thailand that I've found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP was looking for stuff he could not get locally. Some time ago I wanted some pull cord switches and the only place I could find them was on RS Components.

 

https://th.rs-online.com/web/c/lighting/lighting-components-accessories/pull-cord-switches/?sra=p

 

Granted most things are available locally but if you're looking for something special you could do worse that this place.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

The OP was looking for stuff he could not get locally. Some time ago I wanted some pull cord switches and the only place I could find them was on RS Components.

 

https://th.rs-online.com/web/c/lighting/lighting-components-accessories/pull-cord-switches/?sra=p

 

Granted most things are available locally but if you're looking for something special you could do worse that this place.

 

You were not kidding about price being high - suspect most would find items here to be fine at a fraction of that price however (if they can wait for shipment).

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=200002277&initiative_id=AS_20190106181021&SearchText=ceiling+pull+switch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You were not kidding about price being high - suspect most would find items here to be fine at a fraction of that price however (if they can wait for shipment).

Depends what you want. Those pull switches from RS are rated at 6amp and 50amp. The ones I got were by MK, a well known manufacturer of electrical parts.

 

These days in the UK you would probably pay almost the same amount.

 

Not sure but I think you need a credit card for Aliexpress whereas RS accept local money payments.

 

As I said depends what you want

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Daffy D said:

These days in the UK you would probably pay almost the same amount.

I didn't check on RS, but from TLC :-

 

6A MK pull-switches are 4.00 squid + VAT

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/Pull_Cords_All/Pull_Cord_A/index.html

 

50A MK ones are 13.50 squid + VAT

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/Pull_Cords_All/Pull_Cord_B/index.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good local shop from Chinatown which sells also via Lazada:

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/choakchai-electronic/

 

But it seems at least some of what they sell online is a total rip-off. I.e. ICs for at least 10 times as much as in the shop. Maybe this is something what Lazada does and not the shop, I don't know who is responsible for those "promotions".

Normally I buy in their shop but I checked their online page. I won't buy anything from them online.

 

Sometimes I order things from international big electronic shops like Digi-Key. Sometimes they have deals like free delivery if you order for more than 50USD.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lazada has direct sales and normally a fair or good price but anything sold by others is at the price that merchant sets - and agree they are sometimes totally insane - but find the same on Ebay sometimes by merchants hopping you will not check other sources.

 

As for UK source I bought an inline switch on Ebay UK a few years ago because it was rated for high current (most local is only for lights) - it burnt up on a 1kw hot pot - not impressed by supposed quality.  Now use a local power strip.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the replies, I have visited a few local Thai supply houses with poor results. 

does anyone know of a good Electrical supply in Udon Thani? It is 75km but we do go there every few weeks.

 

 

I think the RS online website looks to be a good option for RCBO's and similar, though as some have stated it can be expensive for some items, and a limited supply of conduit connectors such as LB's, LR's and similar for making up surface mount conduit runs.
E-Bay also appears to be an option. 

 

The local box stores appear to have a mix of parts that require multiple trips to many stores to get the correct parts. Ex: 2-gang water-tight box but no blank covers and only straight conduit connectors, watertight Flex but no connectors. This is not helpful when attempting to do clean and tight conduit work.

 

Planning and patience!

Cheers!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SimpleMan555 said:

Thank you for the replies, I have visited a few local Thai supply houses with poor results. 

does anyone know of a good Electrical supply in Udon Thani? It is 75km but we do go there every few weeks.

 

 

I think the RS online website looks to be a good option for RCBO's and similar, though as some have stated it can be expensive for some items, and a limited supply of conduit connectors such as LB's, LR's and similar for making up surface mount conduit runs.
E-Bay also appears to be an option. 

 

The local box stores appear to have a mix of parts that require multiple trips to many stores to get the correct parts. Ex: 2-gang water-tight box but no blank covers and only straight conduit connectors, watertight Flex but no connectors. This is not helpful when attempting to do clean and tight conduit work.

 

Planning and patience!

Cheers!

 

Don't know about local shops in Udon but "Do Home" (about 5km N of the ring road on Rt.2) has a pretty good selection of electronics.  There's also Amorn in the Big C but my recall is that was scaled down somewhat compared to the stores around Bangkok.

Edited by bankruatsteve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SimpleMan555 said:

The local box stores appear to have a mix of parts that require multiple trips to many stores to get the correct parts.

Seems to be a common problem, often a DIY trip needs Global, HomePro and MegaHome to get all the relevant stuff.

 

This our local electrical place:-

 

Untitled.jpg

 

Looks pretty small and insignificant.

 

Until you realise that the place with the off white roof "out-back" is their warehouse. They also have catalogues for all the major suppliers and can get most stuff in in a few days.

 

Don't be fooled by appearances, it's really worth investigating any likely looking places locally. Support your local emporia, without your trade they will go under, then there's only the big-box places.

 

Untitled-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×