Do I need to cancel my single entry NON-ED visa before going to Mae Sai?

I currently have a single entry NON-ED visa from Chiang Mai University to study Thai language with extension of stays totaling 9 months.

They are telling me it will take 2 weeks to process a cancellation letter from them, which is ridiculous.

Do I need to cancel my visa before crossing the border at Mae Sai? I wish to come back on a VISA STAMP entry of 30 days and fly out in February.

Thanks

If you have permission to stay until February why do a visa run?

Or why not wait until the school provide the letter required to cancel the extension.

The visa ends in a week and my school has told me it take 2 weeks to process. I asked them 2 weeks ago but was told the person who can issue the letters is not available. Zero accountability, as usual.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not need the cancelation letter in Mae Sai, No reports of them wanting one.

Hello Joe, but  can this guy   go out at Mae Sai ?  I  was on the impression that they do not allow people coming back on 30 visa exempt stamp over there.

7 minutes ago, cnx355 said:

Hello Joe, but  can this guy   go out at Mae Sai ?  I  was on the impression that they do not allow people coming back on 30 visa exempt stamp over there.

They have ben allowing it for about 2 years now since the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land border crossing went into effect.