Big Retro Helmet

GoDucks

I have a big head, even by western standards.  And, complicating things, its far more oblong than round.  Most XL helmets press against my forehead and are unwearable.

I have a helmet that fits, and I use that when I drive my daily rider (Yamaha X-Max).  But I recently bought a classic 1972 BMW and I wanted a helmet that was a bit more style-appropriate.

Does anyone know any helmet shops in Bangkok (preferrably) or Pattaya that would have good quality helmets in very large sizes of this style?

772080_1.JPG

HTB1dPQMKVXXXXacaXXXq6xXFXXX9.jpg_q90.jpg

I do probably have a similar head like you (same problems when trying helmets), but a HJC RPHA 90 fits my head, i would assume different models of the same brand use a similar shape, but maybe i'm wrong.

HJC does also have two vintage open face helmets, you could give them a try, HJC helmets are widely available in Thailand.

13 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Off topic.

May i ask what you paid for your legit, legal, with book, 1972 classic BMW?

Interested myself. Thanx.

Its a long story but a guy owed me money and could not pay me back so... I inherited it.

8 hours ago, GoDucks said:

Its a long story but a guy owed me money and could not pay me back so... I inherited it.

Ok thanx.

But, Give us a clue and what was the "debt" worth and is the bike 100% legit?

I have seen prices all over the place for 70's - early 80's airheads, and i would buy a legit one at the right price, especially a 6 series 750 or early 7 series 800/900..

Thanx.

He owed me 400,000 and said this one was worth 600,000.  its a bit more complicated than that but thats the summary.  At first, I did not want the bike, since I have another daily driver, but its warmed on me.  I had several Thai's who seemed very interested.  I have decided to keep it.

Archived