Britons would now vote to stay in EU, want second referendum: poll

webfact

1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

how would another vote save you from calamities?

what would be the questions on the ballot paper?

fancy May crap? tick here .....

fancy hard Brexit crap? tick here ......

thank you for voting, please do not wipe

your buttocks with the ballot before putting it in the box

Yes, it MAY not count.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, baansgr said:

The same people stating 700,000 attended a rallie in London whereas the true figure given by the Met is 200,000., dont circumvent this fact, its a down right lie so why on Earth would believe any other figure or poll they give

So, back to my point. If this is all a lie then you’ll be happy to prove that with a second vote? Leave will walk it obviously, because everything you read that supports Remain is a lie, and only those publications that support leave are telling the truth? The second vote will see Remain off? 

Or will it? Will the desire for a no deal Brexit lead in fact to no Brexit at all as people throw it out on a final say vote? 

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

The BS was incoming from all directions. You really need to acknowledge that. 

Agree, there wasn't a strong remain campaign. Tory Brexit campaign led by Boris the Halfwit. Remain campaign led by Labour's Corbyn a lifelong Brexiteer. There really was no hope for remainers, was there?

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

They also happen to be of higher intelligence in general, and don’t spend their life on conspiracy web sites soaking up the propaganda devised by zealots with their own agenda. The Rees Mogg’s of this world want a low tax, low regulation, small government, privatised NHS, Britain ... I doubt that’s what the working class areas in England who voted Brexit want ... they seem to think they will be showered in riches from the Brexit “dividend” and won’t see another foreign face on their high street ... they are going to be very disappointed on both points. Taken for fools by posh boys ... nothing ever changes.

Haha. IQ2 again along with the usual false assumptions.

6 minutes ago, tebee said:

But what about the 1 million Brits who have gone the opposite direction and got jobs in the EU ? Should they all have to give up those jobs and return to the UK unemployed ?

There aren't 1 million Brits employed in the EU. About 800,000 of those are retirees in Spain - you know the ones who take their UK savings and pensions to spend it there. Another nice little earner for Spain in particular, which has helped the local economy throught the winters thankyou. (Very much like the expats here.)
The idea of free movement for UK nationals is a fallacy, hardly any of them can get a job in the EU. It's another of the false promises the youth have been sold by the Remainers.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Agree, there wasn't a strong remain campaign. Tory Brexit campaign led by Boris the Halfwit. Remain campaign led by Labour's Corbyn a lifelong Brexiteer. There really was no hope for remainers, was there?

Even with the pro remain government campaign with public money. No hope at all, I suppose.

And not much has changed, it seems. ????

Funny you should mention. How about the democratic vote of 2016?  ????‍????

The vote was taken without voters having the salient facts to hand. How could it be a fair vote when nobody knew what Brexit really meant?

The government should have triggered Article 50, negotiated a deal with Brussels and then put it to a referendum. Which is what is now being proposed. Far more democratic than the sham of 2016.

17 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

They also happen to be of higher intelligence in general, and don’t spend their life on conspiracy web sites soaking up the propaganda devised by zealots with their own agenda. The Rees Mogg’s of this world want a low tax, low regulation, small government, privatised NHS, Britain ... I doubt that’s what the working class areas in England who voted Brexit want ... they seem to think they will be showered in riches from the Brexit “dividend” and won’t see another foreign face on their high street ... they are going to be very disappointed on both points. Taken for fools by posh boys ... nothing ever changes.

Another stereotypical remainer who thinks they are better than others. Again, no different from the Bangkok /ruling elite in Thailand who say the country folk are too stupid to vote, shame on you. I thought so called intellectuals were better than this?

1 minute ago, sungod said:

Another stereotypical remainer who thinks they are better than others. Again, no different from the Bangkok /ruling elite in Thailand who say the country folk are too stupid to vote, shame on you. I thought so called intellectuals were better than this?

Another stereotypical leaver attacking the messenger and ignoring the message.

17 minutes ago, tebee said:

But what about the 1 million Brits who have gone the opposite direction and got jobs in the EU ? Should they all have to give up those jobs and return to the UK unemployed ?

not quite,

of course all UK citizens in EU should lose their job and go home,

for every UK citizen returning to UK at least one Pole or similar should be deported and sent home

that guy you commented, lonier? or similar,

I get so sad when I read phlegm like that, it is a sure recipe for making UK into a

country which will be a sure loser on the world stage

our jobs my ass

Even with the pro remain government campaign with public money. No hope at all, I suppose.

And not much has changed, it seems. ????

Dodgy Dave, Remainer MPs, Economists, Academics, Elitists, EU themselves, and every other rider on the EU gravy train threw all they had at it. Because the had invested so much effort in their ProEU campaign and Project Fear, they believed their own polls and thought they had it in the bag. That's why they are in the mire now, they didn't prepare for a Brexit, because they were confident Remain would win.

Fortunately more of the UK public can see through the bull than those who couldn't. Hence Brexit - no deal, no more delay.

23 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

So lets just say those with a degree can vote...or better still only those with a PHD. What a condesending view you have of people, should be ashamed of yourself. Old iron and workhouses is what you wants me thinks mi kind sir

19 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Oh but he does understand. The problem is that you only want to hear the nationalistic, jingoistic rhetoric.

All other rational and factual talk is filtered out by you.

Filtering is done naturally. by everyone. What I want is to know the truth, which has always been rather hard to access but seems to be almost impossible these days.

The more samples collected for filtering, the more chance of a valid result. 

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Dodgy Dave, Remainer MPs, Economists, Academics, Elitists, EU themselves, and every other rider on the EU gravy train threw all they had at it. Because the had invested so much effort in their ProEU campaign and Project Fear, they believed their own polls and thought they had it in the bag. That's why they are in the mire now, they didn't prepare for a Brexit, because they were confident Remain would win.

Fortunately more of the UK public can see through the bull than those who couldn't. Hence Brexit - no deal, no more delay.

Yup. You got it.

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Now that we can all see through the BS, you would have no problem with another referendum then?

Filtering is done naturally. by everyone. What I want is to know the truth, which has always been rather hard to access but seems to be almost impossible these days.

The more samples collected for filtering, the more chance of a valid result. 

Far more samples now than there was in 2016, so more chance of a valid result from a referendum now than there was in 2016.

21 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

So, back to my point. If this is all a lie then you’ll be happy to prove that with a second vote? Leave will walk it obviously, because everything you read that supports Remain is a lie, and only those publications that support leave are telling the truth? The second vote will see Remain off? 

Or will it? Will the desire for a no deal Brexit lead in fact to no Brexit at all as people throw it out on a final say vote? 

The vote was decided in June 2016, no need for another one but its such a shame that these supposedly super duper intellectuals have to resort to blatant lies

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

not quite,

of course all UK citizens in EU should lose their job and go home,

for every UK citizen returning to UK at least one Pole or similar should be deported and sent home

that guy you commented, lonier? or similar,

I get so sad when I read phlegm like that, it is a sure recipe for making UK into a

country which will be a sure loser on the world stage

our jobs my ass

Yes our jobs. The ones taken in the UK, plus those 'exported' to Europe with EU grants!

Sorry for your sadness, but that's the way it is. Have you tried getting a job in UK recently? Even with low unemployment figures, it's not easy in some areas and professions. 

Haaawk.....splat.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Now that we can all see through the BS, you would have no problem with another referendum then?

Because they would rig it properly this time. They only did half a job last time because they were over confident in their BS.

39 minutes ago, tebee said:

OK no problem.

So if Arron Banks £8 million or the mysterious bung the DUP received before the referendum, turned out to be from foreign sources would you consider the referendum itself tainted?  

If Banks is found guilty of electoral offences - which he denies - then of course he should face the full sanction of the law. And I personally would not be comfortable with money, hidden or otherwise, from non-UK citizens being used to finance the Brexit campaign, as I have pointed out with George Soros.

But this is not relevant to the basic issue of whether people decided on whether to vote to leave the EU or not. The UK voters made their choice, not Arron Banks or George Soros. If it can be proven the Leave campaign facts were intentionally misrepresented at the behest of foreign funding sources such as Russia then you have a point, otherwise not. 

6 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Yes our jobs. The ones taken in the UK, plus those 'exported' to Europe with EU grants!

Sorry for your sadness, but that's the way it is. Have you tried getting a job in UK recently? Even with low unemployment figures, it's not easy in some areas and professions. 

Haaawk.....splat.

It's going to be a lot harder to find a job if we leave the EU.

2 hours ago, MarkyM3 said:

By reaching this point with only a few few months left and no expectation the deal will be passed in Parliament, there was inevitably going to be a push for another referendum.

If there is no deal then the default way forward is to proceed without a deal.

This has always been understood and by some of us, expected.

Archived