After the carnage that killed six: "negligent" driver fined 5,000 baht, dead get 30K each

webfact

On 1/7/2019 at 9:33 AM, Thaiwrath said:

That puts into perspective exactly what a life is worth here.

Absolutely pathetic, and shameful.

A life in the UK is worth about £13,000 to dependants should it be proved in court that the death was due to negligence or worse.If the deceased was a breadwinner supporting those dependants a much larger sum based on the value of that support to the dependants would also be awarded. But negligence must be proved. A successful criminal prosecution would satisfy that test. A claimant has 3 years to bring the claim.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, TMNH said:

Until these <deleted> are forbidden from driving, the country will be forever having to deal with possible lawsuits.  My God....when will this country wake up?

Who? the pickup driver, the bike rider or the bus driver?

4 hours ago, transam said:

I passed my heavy goods vehicle driving test at 21....????

Did you also have all those religious amulets and garlands hanging around your neck/windscreen for protection? ????

This guy didn't... 

• 2 weeks later...

Another idiot who does not comply with the speed limit on the roads. This is normal.

Kill 8 people and be fined 5,000 baht ... This is ridiculous.

According to the Bangkok Post, the new legislation protects domestic pets, as well as animals kept for food and working animals from animal cruelty and places the responsibility for an animal’s welfare on its owners. Anyone found guilty of breaking the law could face up to two years in prison and/or a 40,000 baht fine, reports the Bangkok Post. http://www.thailawforum.com/thailand-government-passes-first-animal-abuse-law/

Archived