BANGKOK 18 February 2019 20:21
webfact

Video: Foreign tourists praised for mass clean up after the storm in Samui

Video: Foreign tourists praised for mass clean up after the storm in Samui

screenshot_8434.jpg

video screenshot

Dozens of foreign tourists were filmed clearing up the beaches on Koh Samui after Storm Pabuk had passed through.

Channel 8 reported that local tourism operators were most impressed by the visitors to Thailand. 

sam.jpg

A few Thais were also seen near the end of the video putting in some elbow grease to help the foreigners. 

A dog was watching - somewhat confused by the spectacle. 

The beach was strewn in litter and seaweed and the tourists, young and old, male and female, some with rakes, were all chipping in to tidy up. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-07

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Well done... now I wait for someone to mention... nah, just reminder, it is NOT reserved for Thais.

Edited by Aussie999
  • Like 2

Those Thai beachcleaning robots work great! Also the locals take care of their beaches very well!!

Now what untill these images go viral in the West.....did you have a nice christmasholiday mate? Well we had a lot of rain, had to hide for a huge storm and after that we cleaned the beach for several days...

How was your turkey?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Aparentley the thais were to busy with the black slapping,self praising, photo opp...That thai drama and grandstanding is hard work !

Edited by mok199
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

What a load of miserable bar stewards you lot are.

This is not just a Thai problem. There is carp on beaches all over the world and after a big storm there is more carp.

So whilst you lot sit on your bar stools (not paying the garbage collection taxes) and making sarcastic comments, other more generous people are doing something about the problems of today.

Everywhere in the world where I go I pick up rubbish from beaches. Not a lot and not as a full time occupation, but broken glass, bits of plastic etc can hurt people - especially kids. For goodness sake have some consideration.

Edited by Tropicalevo
Mild profanity removed
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

What a load of miserable bar stewards you lot are.

This is not just a Thai problem. There is carp on beaches all over the world and after a big storm there is more carp.

So whilst you lot sit on your bar stools (not paying the garbage collection taxes) and making sarcastic comments, other more generous people are doing something about the problems of today.

Everywhere in the world where I go I pick up rubbish from beaches. Not a lot and not as a full time occupation, but broken glass, bits of plastic etc can hurt people - especially kids. For goodness sake have some consideration.

umm sorry, what’s carp?

Carp is a fish, quite tasty to eat. I have some Carp relatives swimming in my garden pond. They are called Koi.

CARP. For those of you that may be intellectually challenged, or new to TV, rearrange the letters into well known phrase or saying meaning exrement. (If that is difficult, look it up.)

A clue was in the fact that I had to edit the post as TV did not like the original spelling. ( See - Mild profanity removed)

Apologies to you if the post and message were too difficiult for you to understand. I will try to do better next time.

• Like 2

What no work permit? BJ will be right down there and those who allowed them will be moved to inactive post

Its beyond the capability's of some government help then! or just subs cant be fitted with rakes 🤔  

This was work that should have been preformed by the mayors office, the local government. But, they have so little concern for the environment on Samui, and do not like to spend the fortune they collect in revenue, to beautify the island that is their golden calf. Samui desperately needs fresh leadership. This has been the case for a very long time. 

Kudos to the foreigners, for taking the initiative to do this work, that needed to be done. And shame on the local government, for dropping the ball for the 11,000th time. 

• Thanks 1