Video: Irate netizens slam seafood restaurant for inappropriate crotch show with child

webfact

Video: Irate netizens slam seafood restaurant for inappropriate crotch show with child

8pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Furious Thai netizens laid into a seafood restaurant after a show featuring staff members went viral on social media. 

In the video are a whole bunch of male staff of "Sathanee Mee Hoi" (the place of lots of shellfish) dressed as women.

But one of the staff members in pink revolted the Thai public as he did a version of twerking to a small child at the show. 

Even when the child tried to flee in embarrassment the man continued to show her his crotch. 

They thought it was all jolly good fun. 

Daily News reported that the store had merely commented that their customers were all one big happy family and that contrary to rumors they were open for business as usual. 

They described themselves as a family restaurant. 

Netizens were appalled - and even pointed to contraventions in cleanliness regulations and asked for the public health department to take a stand. 

Daily News called it the "drama" of the New Year.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-07

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I think that would put me off my shrimps

regards Worgeordie

I think it could put you off many things by the look of it

luckily the restaurant does not sell hot dogs!????

*yawn*

Thais seem to have a fascination with men dressing up as women. Jolly good fun. And it's not limited to seafood restaurants, several major TV channels feature cross-dressers among their chat shows. All jolly liberated and stuff. At least, it seems to impress Thais, and then you get the manufactured outrage from the internet. All good stuff. Children having fun.

A bit on the boring side for more mature people though.

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:

So, you think it is ok...mmmm

Ladyboys aside, there seems to be a strong tradition of obviously "masculine" Thai men cross dressing for the entertainment and amusement of the public.

The crotch thrusting?

I see very young children regularly applauded by adults for their first attempts at it.

That's "up country" of course.

Where most people seem to think such things ......."normal".

And where, being a foreigner, my opinion is of no value or interest to them at all.

11 minutes ago, 300sd said:

These "people" prepare food!

I hear and agree with your concern, but let's be real.  This IS Thailand, let's not go where we really shouldn't concerning hygiene-restaurants-markets-street food vendors.  How many locals wash their hands after a trip to the loo (wiping hands/mouth/nose on shirt doesn't count)....?

I know Thais are generally easy going and like to have fun, and nothing wrong with it. But, it is strange to laugh at such a spectacle. That kid was a baby, and, especially if not related to the bloke doing the crotch thrusting, average people anywhere on earth would have been bothered.

If this video is "inappropriate", what is a suitable adjective to describe the goings on in the Naked Attraction series watched by millions on UK television?

I came across (sorry!) this so-called dating show first time the other night and could barely believe my old eyes. And this is in a country where taking a surreptitious pee in a public place can get you arrested and fined for indecent exposure!

Whatever happened to broadcasting standards?

That may be the most revolting thing I see this year and we're only 7 days into it. Not to mention the Creepy as hell Regan from the Exorcist spider walk.

If you haven't seen it you can find it on the internet. It was so freaking scary they cut it out of the film's original release I think.

8 hours ago, poohy said:

Nobody would get a Thai appendage mixed up with a hot dog 

It would be like getting mixed up between a tuktuk and a double-decker coach

10 hours ago, poohy said:

My teen sister-in-law went to a nude beach with me, back in the day of nearby San Francisco flower children, and spent the day looking at the passing parade while keeping her bikini on. We stopped at a coastal walk-up restaurant window and I asked what she wanted. She studied the menu and said: "The foot-long hotdog looks good to me." Never let her forget that. But then she was on "The Dating Game" TV show. The nearby restaurant we met at before the show had a Dating Game special: Foot-long hotdogs. More ammunition!

14 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

If this video is "inappropriate", what is a suitable adjective to describe the goings on in the Naked Attraction series watched by millions on UK television?

I came across (sorry!) this so-called dating show first time the other night and could barely believe my old eyes. And this is in a country where taking a surreptitious pee in a public place can get you arrested and fined for indecent exposure!

Whatever happened to broadcasting standards?

Interesting thing about television: you can turn it off, if you don't want to see something!

:coffee1:

23 hours ago, HalfLight said:

*yawn*

Thais seem to have a fascination with men dressing up as women. Jolly good fun. And it's not limited to seafood restaurants, several major TV channels feature cross-dressers among their chat shows. All jolly liberated and stuff. At least, it seems to impress Thais, and then you get the manufactured outrage from the internet. All good stuff. Children having fun.

A bit on the boring side for more mature people though.

Many, many years ago, a lot of the top British comedians had a cross-dressing or female impersonation skit in somewhere or sometime their repertoire. Frankie Howard, Stanley Baxter, Benny Hill, Les Dawson, Dickie Henderson are the ones that come to mind readily. Can't do that any more.

Archived