Video: Caught on tape! Thieving lady boys target tourist in Hua Hin entertainment district

webfact

Video: Caught on tape! Thieving lady boys target tourist in Hua Hin entertainment district

9new.jpg

video screenshot

Netizens with information are being urged to contact the police after a video showed a lady boy or group of lady boys target a western tourist in the Soi Bintabaht entertainment area of Hua Hin. 

As one lady boy acts as a barrier another lifts the tourist's wallet.

He warns him not to touch apparently oblivious that he has been the victim of theft. 

The tall lady boy then "plays dumb" before secretly checking the contents of the wallet. 

He then appears to chase after the tourist out of camera shot. It was not known if this was to return the wallet or return the now emptied wallet.

But the poster of the clip on Facebook "Pipo Tanawat" was in no doubt about the damage such a blatant theft could cause to the already quiet town. They didn't mince their words saying:

"As if the economical climate in Hua Hin is not bloody bad enough. This will only make things bloody worse". 

They called on anyone with information to contact the police. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-07

I had a woman try and pick pocket me when I sat and had one beer on the way back to my hotel.i pushed her hand away from my pocket and shouter <deleted> off and left.the next thing I know she and a friend with a copper turned up at my roomsaying I boxed her and then the copper mugged me of 5,000b or I was off to the cells.

Lesson to be learnt... if you want to walk around under the influence of alcohol don't keep your wallet hanging out of your arse pocket... you make yourself an easy target!!!!

Obviously a well organised group of pic-pockets working as a team!

22 minutes ago, sungod said:

And the TVF 'Hi So's' from their Hua Hin old people's homes are quick to point out these heinous crimes only happen in Pattaya!!!

That's a bit cruel. I know someone in Hua Hin who is only in his late fifties, or so he says.

Rooster

a quick look at the video and I am thinking this is the walkway to the "Cat Bar" and "Polo Club" bar complex just south of the Hilton. The Mai Tai bar with the empty seats would be on the right of frame. But I could be completely wrong. 

Interesting to see the "girls" working in a group. 

48 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Lesson to be learnt... if you want to walk around under the influence of alcohol don't keep your wallet hanging out of your arse pocket... you make yourself an easy target!!!!

Don't take a wallet in the first place

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

But I wonder what happens when they regroup to share the spoils.

Somehow I imagine that none of the 'team' would hesitate to cheat the other members of the 'team' when the split up is effected.

Or am I being unfair to suggest this? 

There's other versions of this, the loud know all desperate for attention ladyboys who are part of family life and don't know anything about the bar scene, theft etc., (and yes they do exist) who love to interfere in matters belonging to their own family, cause drama and cause internal family rifts etc.

Plus the ladyboys who are pleasant, honest and sincere and make no problems for anybody in any way.  

2 hours ago, balo said:

Why didn't he check his back pocket with all those crazy ladyboys around? Even if drunk wearing a wallet in the back pocket is so stupid in 2019. 

wallet-credit-card.jpg?77795256191463150

It's been stupid since the 70's (in my experience) and probably a lot longer ago. With drink involved, anywhere in the world.

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I keep a decoy wallet in my back pocket. It focuses any attention there, not where I carry my money clip. So far, in 20 years of visits, I had one fumbling and failed attempt by a dragon of a lady boy on Sukhumvit near Nana, and one lost wallet (empty) to a thief at a Chiang Mai mall ATM. 

The tall lady boy then "plays dumb" before secretly checking the contents of the wallet. 

He then appears to chase after the tourist out of camera shot. It was not known if this was to return the wallet or return the now emptied wallet. 

is this a joke?

anyone with working eyes can see how the light dress LB emties the wallet on the bench and then the dark dress LB takes what appears to be banknotes and walks away holding them.

9 hours ago, balo said:

Why didn't he check his back pocket with all those crazy ladyboys around? Even if drunk wearing a wallet in the back pocket is so stupid in 2019. 

wallet-credit-card.jpg?77795256191463150

That is just utter madness and would be stupid in any place in the entire world!!

I've got one of these and make it a habit of putting it on my belt every time I go outside:

1739267505_TravelWallet.png.4ed6cb30551d6cb25035ebf60bd742ae.png

You put your belt through the loop and slide it inside the top of your trousers. It would be really obvious if someone tried to take it.

As I don't frequent areas where ladyboys or prostitutes go, it's a much reduced risk for me. But I like to feel secure! I also take the absolute minimum of cash with me - only enough to pay the restaurant bills where my family and friends go to have a decent evening.

PAU

Never have and never will keep my wallet in a back pocket. I don't understand why others do. It is an invitation to pickpockets as it is so easy to remove without the owner noticing. 

28 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Never have and never will keep my wallet in a back pocket. I don't understand why others do. It is an invitation to pickpockets as it is so easy to remove without the owner noticing. 

A wallet, with the bare minimum in it, belongs either in a front pocket or in a zipped leg cargo pocket.

No matter where I am, I try to be aware of my surroundings. And I dont get too drunk. And I dont go near ladyboys.

Archived