Pattaya is BOOMING! 100% New Year occupancy points to great times ahead, tourism official

webfact

Pattaya is BOOMING! 100% New Year occupancy points to great times ahead, tourism official

49671117_2219098821444373_2804092965402705920_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Sophon quoted a leading business and tourism official as saying that Pattaya was booming and only good times are ahead for the resort. 

New Year was a fantastic success with all the shows and giveaways and the upcoming events meant that family friendly Pattaya was all systems go and just boom boom into the future. 

By this he meant economic boom. 

49517062_2219098791444376_3873071683556343808_n.jpg

Ekkasit Ngamphichet - the chief of the Business and Tourism Association of Pattaya - said that New Year was simply wonderful in Pattaya. 

Occupancy reports suggest that hotels were crammed to virtually 100% of available rooms.

Chinese and Japanese people in particular arrived in droves - especially the F.I.T. tourists. These are the "free independent travelers" not on group tours that are increasing selecting Pattaya as their destination of choice. 

49623490_2219098838111038_6736791100108832768_n.jpg

Ekkasit said that Pattaya had organised two full days of breathtaking events at New Year to attract tourists. Highlight was the giving away of a million baht pick-up on New Year's Eve by Mono 29. 

This all points the way to a great future, he said.

He pointed out that the fun never stops in Pattaya and events such as the official opening of the new beach, the Pattaya Music Festival and the International Fireworks (to name but three) would keep both Thai and western tourists flooding in. 

In addition preparations and events would be held this year ahead of 2020's "60th Anniversary of Pattaya" that promises to be a further reason to come to the resort. 

Sophon's upbeat report followed a negative one a few days ago when they said that the Bali Hai area of town was a filthy mess with litter floating in the harbor and the authorities doing nothing to collect it. 

Source: Sophon Cable

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-07

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another pile of lies designed to make people think things are good when they are not. Wherever I have been of late people have been commenting on how empty everywhere is, compared to previous years. 100% occupancy for how many hotels exactly? One? Two? I know a few owners who are nowhere near that. And all of these people must be staying indoors, because they are not out in the bars and restaurants.

13 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Another pile of lies designed to make people think things are good when they are not. Wherever I have been of late people have been commenting on how empty everywhere is, compared to previous years. 100% occupancy for how many hotels exactly? One? Two? I know a few owners who are nowhere near that. And all of these people must be staying indoors, because they are not out in the bars and restaurants.

So, if it is a "pile of lies", I ask why!

Is this just an election thing?

Is it just to continue the 'feel good' mood?

Is it to make people think Pattaya is still booming? Maybe it is; I don't know, except that half a dozen of our village girls there working as 'cashiers'. Must be something going on!

What is this really all about?

Every Thai in any tourist related industry, is patting themselves on the back for a job well done.  Perfect hosts, perfect customer relations, perfect business plans.   Why change, why improve....why listen to anything, it doesn't get any better.  It can't right?

Must be a different Pattaya.  Riding up and down different Sois it is unreal the amount of bars and restaurants closed down with for sale or for lease signs on the Windows. If it was so jam packed these establishments would be operating and full to the limits.

Spent 3 days there over NYE and honestly it was the WORST TIME !!

Walking street is just a tourist walkway for Chinese tour groups..

and the touts are just trying every trick in the book to fleece anyone..

The beach was absolutely disgusting before during and after NYE piles of garbage and sandbags..

The place is a World class SH1T HOLE....... in the first degree.. Even the Indians were disgusted by the state of the beaches and that is saying something!!...

But I guess this is the way all of Thailand is going I'm glad my wife and I are relocating it will save me the embarrassment of showing friends and family around this disgusting Hole when they come to visit.. 

Booming ... my a**e! I regularly head into town from the Darkside and Pattaya is a dead as a Dodo.

I went out into town on New Years Eve expecting to see some action/activity and couldn't believe how quiet it was. There were a few punters sat at bars but not what you would normally expect.

I left and came back to the Darkside at about 11pm and a good % of the bars here were either closed or closing.  Those that weren't closed were empty.

1 hour ago, Lemonltr said:

Strange this year the girls are calling me ' handsome man'. Normally in high season I'm Papa. 

LOL- nonetheless, it's nice to receive compliments- whether sincere or not. Milk it while you can ????

1 hour ago, dutchweller said:

Spent 3 days there over NYE and honestly it was the WORST TIME !!

Walking street is just a tourist walkway for Chinese tour groups..

and the touts are just trying every trick in the book to fleece anyone..

The beach was absolutely disgusting before during and after NYE piles of garbage and sandbags..

The place is a World class SH1T HOLE....... in the first degree.. Even the Indians were disgusted by the state of the beaches and that is saying something!!...

But I guess this is the way all of Thailand is going I'm glad my wife and I are relocating it will save me the embarrassment of showing friends and family around this disgusting Hole when they come to visit.. 

Best description of Pattaya I've ever seen or read. Even the Indians were disgusted by the state of the beaches. Lol.

You have to admit the beer is cheap though.

Archived