Best Android phone in the 6000 baht range

canuckamuck

37 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Huawei and ZTE are confirmed offenders. Spin it anyway you wish.

These articles (below) are the voice of reason and sanity. They are not the final word, but I tend to agree more with this reasonable line of thinking and their conclusions. Paranoid propaganda and/or politicking, conspiracy theories and jumping to non-evidence based conclusions benefits no one. 

Please provide this "confirmed" evidence of said offenders...so we can re-evaluate...as I've been unable to find any such evidence confirming the claims. 

https://www.zdnet.com/article/paranoia-will-destroy-you-why-chinese-tech-isnt-spying-on-us/

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-02-15/huawei-warning-from-u-s-intelligence-agencies-is-flimsy

14 hours ago, stud858 said:

Ill be in pattaya in a couple of weeks and will sell my s7 galaxy edge. 6,500 baht tip top condition.  Pm me if interested.

And remember, without galaxy, there is no universe.

That is my new catch phrase for samsung. Great advertising slogan right? Whats xiaomi slogan?

Without Mi there is no You.

You and Mi, together.

23 hours ago, pennine said:

I have a similar problem. Kbank recently updated their mobile app with the result that while fund transfers still work, top up does not. The reason is that it now requires Android 6 or higher to work and my Samsung E5 has Android 5.1.1 which as far as i know, cannot be upgraded. They also mentioned something about the app not working with rooted or jailbroken phones, whatever that means.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say using the term gangbang, root means to have boom boom in Oz and jailbroken is sort of like a gangbang.

20 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

If the App stopped working.. it's not the phone. My BKK Bank App stopped working last week.  contacted BKK Bank. They asked I take the phone to the branch where they  put some code 5 digit code and the App started working again.

See Post 16 Jeff, he describes what happened to my KBank app. Rooted or jailbroken.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:14 AM, Coota said:

I have an Xiaomi smartphone Redmi 4A which I have had for about 2 years. Great phone for the price but the battery life is deteriorating quickly as the phone gets older and I can't replace the battery.

Also, I was using the KBank app on it which was great but, about 4 months ago the KBank app stopped working and after inquiring with KBank was told that the app would not work with the phone because the phone had a fault with it's internals, the term was "gang rooted" or something similar, I say that because the term reminded me of a gangbang. Apparently the phones workings have been altered or are not Thai approved.

I don't think I will buy another Xiaomi for that reason alone as the KBank app was terrific.

I have had a redmi note 4 and now 5 and both run the apps flawlessly.  It has nothing to do with redmi.

4 minutes ago, losworld said:

I have had a redmi note 4 and now 5 and both run the apps flawlessly.  It has nothing to do with redmi.

I just installed the K Plus app and tried to open it and got the same warning again that I did a few months ago.  Then I was told by the K Plus support that my phone was rooted or jailbroken. I'm running Android 6.0.1.

DSC00047.JPG

On 1/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

I have been using the Xiaomi MI A1 for over a year. The price is where you need it plus it runs Android One.

Android One has no bloatware, and gets Google updates every month. The OS is not modified by the manufacturer.

It also has quick charge and charges in under 2 hours.

I don't think you can get a better phone at this price.

Please can you tell us about the screen on time on the A1, i would like one but i hear only 5 hours SOT?

juget the redmi note 5 or 6 excellent battery and does support quick charge you just need to buy the charger... the camera is good and the portrait software is one of the best... don't worry about android one it is nice to have but by no means needed... great phones....

13 minutes ago, Coota said:

I just installed the K Plus app and tried to open it and got the same warning again that I did a few months ago.  Then I was told by the K Plus support that my phone was rooted or jailbroken. I'm running Android 6.0.1.

DSC00047.JPG

My phone is also rooted so cannot install the new version but i made a backup of the old version which is not so strict so if you want to install that version let me know and ill send a link.

You would then need to turn off auto updates for that app in google play so it doesnt update.

Or If you are rooted and want to stay rooted then try updated to the new veraion of magisk 16.1 and use hide root feature. may work.

18 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

My phone is also rooted so cannot install the new version but i made a backup of the old version which is not so strict so if you want to install that version let me know and ill send a link.

You would then need to turn off auto updates for that app in google play so it doesnt update.

Or If you are rooted and want to stay rooted then try updated to the new veraion of magisk 16.1 and use hide root feature. may work.

Thanks mate, it would be great if you could send me the link. I miss the K Plus app, I last used it to put about 250,000 baht down on a new car.

Depends if you're a heavy user or not... Xiaomi and lower end Huawei phones are only good for light users checking emails and messages and taking the odd photo, my mum's xiaomi lasted 3 years. But if your on your phone 12 hours a day, loads of apps, games and video and pics then Samsung S or Note series or Apple is the only way to go. I'm a heavy user and my Xiaomi mid range phone died after 18 months.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The Samsung J6+ is in the price range you are talking, I picked one up for the wife and it appears to serve her well.  It came down to this or the Huawei Y9, and I went with the Samsung because I've had good experiences with them in the past, reasonably durable and all that.  Most shops are advertising this for 6900, but I believe it's last year's model, so they're quick to give a discount.  The official Samsung shop was discounting them the other day along with offering a bag of phone accessories (car charger, headphones, bluetooth speaker, extra cables, a case, screen protector; rather a lot of gear actually).

It's a bit funny that most people give an opinion about their phone that THEY THINK is good, when they actually have no idea about how should be and work a mobile.

OF COURSE all mobiles sold work, and for what people are doing with them, even a 3000 thb phone would be enough.

Then there are facts:

90% of the phones that you buy from any brand are bloated with $hit apps that will run continuously and that you cannot disable, so after a while, your phone will be slower. And anyway, why buying an idiotic phone that has a special interface that change between brands and that has dozens of useless apps installed ===> this is what most of you are buying and call good ! Ridiculous. Not that you buy them, but that you call them good !

A good phone is a phone that do not have any useless apps installed and that will not slow down after a while, and the only phones that match this criteria are Google phones and Android one phones.

Anything else is good FOR YOU because you accept what you do not choose, but objectively NOT GOOD for someone who knows what he is buying and what he wants.

For me, calling good any phone that has a special interface and bloatwares is plain stupid and it would be for most people if they would understand what they are buying.

14 minutes ago, moreem said:

It's a bit funny that most people give an opinion about their phone that THEY THINK is good, when they actually have no idea about how should be and work a mobile.

OF COURSE all mobiles sold work, and for what people are doing with them, even a 3000 thb phone would be enough.

Then there are facts:

90% of the phones that you buy from any brand are bloated with $hit apps that will run continuously and that you cannot disable, so after a while, your phone will be slower. And anyway, why buying an idiotic phone that has a special interface that change between brands and that has dozens of useless apps installed ===> this is what most of you are buying and call good ! Ridiculous. Not that you buy them, but that you call them good !

A good phone is a phone that do not have any useless apps installed and that will not slow down after a while, and the only phones that match this criteria are Google phones and Android one phones.

Anything else is good FOR YOU because you accept what you do not choose, but objectively NOT GOOD for someone who knows what he is buying and what he wants.

For me, calling good any phone that has a special interface and bloatwares is plain stupid and it would be for most people if they would understand what they are buying.

Why do you imply that 90% of apps can't be disabled?

2 hours ago, moreem said:

It's a bit funny that most people give an opinion about their phone that THEY THINK is good, when they actually

Like you are right now.

Then there are facts:

Jeez, somebody got outta bed the wrong side this morning.

1. You are doing the same as what you speak, you are saying your preference is to have no bloatware on phone. others may find the apps useful and use them. Its personal preference.

2. You can disable alot of apps and if its still that bothersome you can root the phone, remove the unwanted apps and either leave rooted or unroot.

3. You can use a launcher like Nova and then your interface will look the same on any device you choose.

First thing i do is to root, put system wide ad blocker and remove the crap i don't want but that's not to say everybody else is doing it wrong and slate them on TV.

Lighten the load man, its Friday ????

So maybe you need so much more from a phone, but I was fine with my Samsung J2 from 2015 except that you have to had constantly to empty the memory. ????

Until the camera lens got to much scratching - I tried Google, found solutions and made to much and the  lens blind ????

But saw a 1 Dollar lens replacement in Internet - came from China - needed time but works well - could replace it myself, 

Saw same time promotion of a SHARP R1 on Lazada for 2.790 Baht and I think I do not need more.

At least its much faster then my old Samsung J2 - 

Enough for me - have now 2 phones in use ????

Maybe outside OP's budget but Poco F1 at around 9xxx baht is really good I think.

Had mine for about 3 month and I love it, right size for my needs, 4000mAh battery, very fast (6gb ram).

No bloatware or very little, Samsung has more of that.

I will also never buy a super expensive phone again, never understood how a phone can be worth 1000$+?.

Okay cameras on phones are rapidly getting better and some have 3 or 4 which could justify the higher price on some phones.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:39 AM, moreem said:

Then there are facts:

Congratulations chief, everyone except you doesn't know anything about phones... ???? 

Maybe outside OP's budget but Poco F1 at around 9xxx baht is really good I think.

Had mine for about 3 month and I love it, right size for my needs, 4000mAh battery, very fast (6gb ram).

No bloatware or very little, Samsung has more of that.

I will also never buy a super expensive phone again, never understood how a phone can be worth 1000$+?.

Okay cameras on phones are rapidly getting better and some have 3 or 4 which could justify the higher price on some phones.
Exactly same thoughts never going back to a $1000 plus fone anymore.I see Samsung a putting out M series finds later this month to regain their share in India against Xiaomi.
Hopefully someone can review their best ones against Pocophone F1 and soon to be released Redmi Note 7.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 1/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, 2008bangkok said:

Like you are right now.

Jeez, somebody got outta bed the wrong side this morning.

1. You are doing the same as what you speak, you are saying your preference is to have no bloatware on phone. others may find the apps useful and use them. Its personal preference.

2. You can disable alot of apps and if its still that bothersome you can root the phone, remove the unwanted apps and either leave rooted or unroot.

3. You can use a launcher like Nova and then your interface will look the same on any device you choose.

First thing i do is to root, put system wide ad blocker and remove the crap i don't want but that's not to say everybody else is doing it wrong and slate them on TV.

Lighten the load man, its Friday ????

How stupid it is to buy a brand new phone to have to tweak it just because someone was not bright  enough to directly buy a phone without all the crap already installed ! Who is wrong here ? the idiot who cannot even think that he could have bought he perfect phone at first if using his brain ?

it's ridiculous to tell to people to root a phone when they cannot even use a standard phone properly.

and most of the people do not need all the crap bloatwares installed on most phones, they are just too stupid to think about it before buying them.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:18 PM, reenatinnakor said:

Depends if you're a heavy user or not... Xiaomi and lower end Huawei phones are only good for light users checking emails and messages and taking the odd photo, my mum's xiaomi lasted 3 years. But if your on your phone 12 hours a day, loads of apps, games and video and pics then Samsung S or Note series or Apple is the only way to go. I'm a heavy user and my Xiaomi mid range phone died after 18 months.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I could not disagree more.  I have the xiaomi redmi note 5 plus and it does everything my iphone ould do including portrait photos and a battery that lasts two days.  Not sure what year or generation you are speaking of but you are off track.  Simply check reviews on youtube if you don't believe me.

17 minutes ago, moreem said:

How stupid it is to buy a brand new phone to have to tweak it just because someone was not bright  enough to directly buy a phone without all the crap already installed ! Who is wrong here ? the idiot who cannot even think that he could have bought he perfect phone at first if using his brain ?

it's ridiculous to tell to people to root a phone when they cannot even use a standard phone properly.

and most of the people do not need all the crap bloatwares installed on most phones, they are just too stupid to think about it before buying them.

no reason to remove any of it the phones running 6 series snapdragon and up will have no problems with the bit of bloat.  even the 4 series snaps can handle it.

17 hours ago, moreem said:

There are not many phones sold without the crap already installed thats why i find it necessary to root and remove, but that's what I do, not what Im asking other to do.

And what is it with your aggressive tone man, its a forum where people come for advice not have to deal with abrupt people

Archived