CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

I got my income affidavit notarized by the US Embassy here in Bangkok on November 30, 2018. I was told by the US Embassy at the time that the letter (income affidavit) I executed (and they notarized) would be valid for 6 months from date of issuance. That would mean it's valid until May 31, 2018.  My Retirement Visa renewal is scheduled for March 31, 2019. I'm hearing conflicting reports from people who've been to different Thai Immigration centers. Some say they won't accept the US Embassy notarized Income Affidavit in 2019 at all. Is there any credible source that can definitely tell me if I can use my November 30, 2018 letter (income affidavit) in March 2019 when I renew my Retirement Visa? Or is just a waste of paper now? I was planning on renewing at Thai Immigration at Chaeng Watthana here in Bangkok.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, taichiplanet said:

the heading is misleading as it is not exactly what is needed for these 'visas', it is only exactly what is needed if you are using the income method. We are still presuming that the money in a bank account method remains the same.

There's no mention of that it even will exist.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a directive that only changes the option for using ia income of 65k baht or 40k baht.

Everything in the existing police order has not been changed.

Its confusing though, as this letter shows 2.18 and 2.22 (changes), and gives reasons/documents/procedures. Is there a 2.XX that states the 400K/800K that would not be affected by this notice? Because if the 400K/800K is part of 2.18 or 2.22, then this letter/memo looks a little scary.

Edited by ocddave
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can use your income affidavit to apply for your extension. The directive clearly states they will be accepted.

There is also directive that states they are valid for 6 months.

Chaeng Wattana immigration will certainly accept it.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm having a very difficult time finding the precise language in the directives you're referencing. Perhaps it's my anxiety which is affecting my vision and reading comprehension.  This developing news is a source of consternation to many here, and I certainly appreciate your prompt initial reply to my narrative. Thank you for your attempt to assuage and allay my apprehension. I appreciate it greatly.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, taichiplanet said:

the heading is misleading as it is not exactly what is needed for these 'visas', it is only exactly what is needed if you are using the income method. We are still presuming that the money in a bank account method remains the same.

It says (income method)

• Like 2

Is there anyway Thaivisa can get it clarified that the money in the bank is still allowed, how do you prove income for income and money in the bank method. The other worry is that most people under 60 years old do not have a pension to show for the monthly income 

• Thanks 1