CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

14 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well not to muddy the waters, but under the terms as I read it, Certifications are still acceptable.

For Americans on SS therefore, you print out your statement, and bring it to the embassy with an affidavit that says:

I am Joe Smith.

My passport number is x and I live at y.

That annexed hereto is a true and accurate copy my SS awards letter, indicating I have income of X per month  from SS.

Signed

Joe Smith

I dont believe that the Embassy can refuse to notarize that.

When I asked that same question of the Australian Embassy via email the reply was I have to have 800,000thb in bank account. This is a lot different to what the new police order and the police order 138/255 7 of 2014 says. Obviously my Embassy staff are just TOO DAMNED LAZY TO GET OFF THEIR FAT ARESES AND ACTUALLY DO WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO THAT IS LOOK AFTER THEIR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN/WOMEN. The last time I was in Embassy I couldn't spot an Aussie behind the counter anywhere maybe that explains the problem

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bdenner said:

Been using Baht Smart for some time now for my AUD transfers. My KBank statements shows these funds coming from a variety of sources. eg.

DUMMY BRANCH

Chang Mia Branch

Head Office

Etc

Nothing actually showing an international transfer.

So what now???

Use regular international transfers which appear clearly as coming from outside Thailand! Look for an alternative in the interim.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bmore99 said:

The way I read it, it only applies for those who can't get the embassy letter to confirm there income. Right?

Yes, but actually people who can get an Embassy letter, can obviously use this alternative income method and avoid the need. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EL159 said:

This whole scenario regarding remittances of at least 65,000 PER MONTH is fraught with illogicality and nonsense. EXAMPLE: My Visa is due in April. In April ( after Visa obtained) I am going back to UK for a couple of weeks. If I bring cash money back with me amounting, say, to £10,000 for living expenses, it will count for NOTHING towards my Visa in 2020? ONLY money transferred via the banking system will count?

This is plain daft!!!

TIT

Sometimes daft is what is done.

And your point is?

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Anyone using Starling Bank (UK) for International payments? I'm trying to work out if they are coded as such at Kasikorn?

Bank to bank payments are always coded a international

PS wooops Though it seems that not all banks are banks for international transfers. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
Wrong information?

With the US and others pulling out. And with the political climate here in S.E. Asia.

If you are going to stay here don't put all your eggs in one basket, have a good exit stratagy.

You guys need to watch out. 

Right now this is a ticking time bomb. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sumrit said:

But you do have to show evidence of your pension to cover that 65k baht as well.????

If you want to 'retire' in Thailand, you may do so from age 50. You cannot retire in UK until you are minimum 55 years old. So the funds you show to Immigration can be from shares, rentals, even still working in UK. As long as the funds come from 'abroad' and are minimum 65k per month, they should satisfy the regulations here. That's the way I see it anyway.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Many people have expenses in their passport-countries.  Immigration have moved the goalposts, and people are trying to figure out how to continue.  The "law" was/is "income" not "Net income after paying everything else in your life outside of Thailand, where you only are given a 1-year permitted-stay with no PR ever, if retired." 

Many cannot burn all bridges in their passport-country, given we can be shown the door at any time (no "right" to be here).  How to pay expenses there, if one has to move 2x more than it costs to live in Thailand to Thailand every month?  The only solution is to use some of that money to pay those expenses.

And, if history is any indication, immigration changes its policies to maximize under-the-table revenue streams.

I wish I could live here on 32.5k a month.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a directive that only changes the option for using ia income of 65k baht or 40k baht.

Everything else in the existing police order has not been changed.

For me the important question is if it would be acceptable that - in stead of every month - I transfer the government pension from my home country to Thailand every 3 months (i.e. I let it accumulate in my foreign bank account).  This way I safe on the bank fees...

OK so one column says "evidence showing income such as pension or interest received or dividend received".  That is good as it considers several different sources of income.

What is bad is the procedure column which still as written is saying one must make monthly transfers in and still singly uses the word "pension".  Again, the Thais don't seem to grasp the notion of other sources of income and seem to be demanding that people make monthly transfers in.  Monthly transfers cost money, and of course now require a Thai bank be set up

It is a concern that this makes no reference to the "money in bank" method to qualify. As the various offices around the kingdom have been shown to interpret or enact the rules as they see them, this may be a concern.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya46 said:

Once again, this change of policy is made to help people who were using an Embassy Letter and can't get one anymore on decision of their own Embassy...

With Thai Immigration doing or not doing, there are always people here to criticize it! :sad:

The decision by the embassies was in response by demands from immigration for “verification “ letters.

Do they really think the proposed bank letter will give them that ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thomasbkk said:

I get no monthly payments on a Thai bankaccount, I usually just withdraw my money from the ATM. My Embassy (German) still provides the income letter/affidavit.

Is that sufficient and will be accepted as prove of income by Thai Immigration?

Yes...

If you want to 'retire' in Thailand, you may do so from age 50. You cannot retire in UK until you are minimum 55 years old. So the funds you show to Immigration can be from shares, rentals, even still working in UK. As long as the funds come from 'abroad' and are minimum 65k per month, they should satisfy the regulations here. That's the way I see it anyway.
You can retire any age in the UK but the earliest you can withdraw from a private pension is 55, Govt pension 67? Seems to be exceptions if medically signed off
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, garyk said:

With the US and others pulling out. And with the political climate here in S.E. Asia.

If you are going to stay here don't put all your eggs in one basket, have a good exit stratagy.

You guys need to watch out. 

Right now this is a ticking time bomb. 

I would say the Affidavits in general are going be the biggest ticking time bombs.

1 minute ago, alant said:

It is a concern that this makes no reference to the "money in bank" method to qualify. As the various offices around the kingdom have been shown to interpret or enact the rules as they see them, this may be a concern.

Read the posts !

This police order relates to the income method - the rules on ‘money in the bank’ are unchanged.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vacuum said:

There's no mention of that it even will exist.

On the other hand do you see its mentioned that the money in the bank method is not valid anymore?

Of course not - its not mentioned as there are not any changes concerning this method - not more complicated than that...:thumbsup:

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thomasbkk said:

I get no monthly payments on a Thai bankaccount, I usually just withdraw my money from the ATM. My Embassy (German) still provides the income letter/affidavit.

Is that sufficient and will be accepted as prove of income by Thai Immigration?

I plan to return home once or twice each year and each time bring back $10,000 USD which does not require any reporting or paperwork.  Then on occasion use ATM withdrawals for 20K or 30k baht if needed.  I have no desire to setup nor pay for monthly transfers either

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

For me the important question is if it would be acceptable that - in stead of every month - I transfer the government pension from my home country to Thailand every 3 months (i.e. I let it accumulate in my foreign bank account).  This way I safe on the bank fees...

Perhaps eat the extra costs for a few months and do it monthly until the situation clarifies. At the moment the wording seems to suggest monthly international transfers. 

Why is that a concern?

In any event, an English translation of an official Thai document has no legal standing.