CONFIRMED: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

5 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Please reread it it is there. And read police order 138/255 7 July 2014

You reading the same document above? Because the reason section isn't stating that, it only mentions the people eligible and the 1 yr extension. Then gives the documents required and the procedures, none of which includes the 400K/800K method. You're taking it as an amendment, and even then it reference 2.18 and 2.22, thus effectively replacing them under any normal way of handling this.

Edited by ocddave
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, damascase said:

From the OP: 

‘The new requirements state that applicants must be able to show income transferred into a Thai bank account.’
This is misleading and not a requirement in the many cases where Embassies still issue the income declarations.

Read the translation, embassy letters are included.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ocddave said:

You reading the same document above? Because the reason section isn't stating that, it only mentions the people eligible and the 1 yr extension. Then gives the documents required and the procedures, none of which includes the 400K/800K method. You're taking it as an amendment, and even then it reference 2.18 and 2.22, thus effectively replacing them under any normal way of handling this.

Read the police order referenced 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwNib_gx9zYEYkFjMUNHV1pXdWs/view

Edited by sometimewoodworker

22 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

You do NOT have to show total monthly income from your rentals, shares or anything. All you need to show is 65k going into a Thai bank account from out of the country. Easy.

Not easy. I'm not going to sidetrack this thread, except to say I bing in aud cash in one or two hits every year. I'm aware of various ways to transfer money. The best is to bring in cash and exchange here. Only suited to those that have reason to visit home country.

13 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Actually, this new regulation clarification is easier and more convenient for most people who don't live in Bangkok. For those, and even those in Bangkok, there is no longer the need to make the trek to the embassy, pay the money for the affidavit, it can all be done at your Thai bank.

Please inconvenience me...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not easy. I'm not going to sidetrack this thread, except to say I bing in aud cash in one or two hits every year. I'm aware of various ways to transfer money. The best is to bring in cash and exchange here. Only suited to those that have reason to visit home country.

So you must get your extension by having 800 in the bank, yeh?

23 minutes ago, DepDavid said:

“ in the case of (6)”. Is mentioned a couple times.  What is it?

I think it is this.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_22

(6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively
permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:

(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in
a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of
no less than Baht 20,000.

(b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed
income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht
500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000.

25 minutes ago, damascase said:

From the OP: 

‘The new requirements state that applicants must be able to show income transferred into a Thai bank account.’
This is misleading and not a requirement in the many cases where Embassies still issue the income declarations.

so, in fact, TI are accepting letters from the other Embassies? Is that a true statement?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Page 1 states it is an amendment to the police order.

You should read the police order with the amendment.

and the full text posted above including the table  

thereto it does not state "superseding" other method etc.. in the police order.

wbr

roobaa01